Dell False Advertising

Jeff B

i received the Dell July flyer today in the mail. i tried to place an order
for a Canon Powershot S2Is camera today. After 20 minutes back and forth and
hold time, they refused to take the order because it was too backordered.
The day the catalog came out they refused all orders for it. i am arguing
now with them. Customer nonservice was worthless, and I am awaiting a
supervisor. I doubt it will get me anywhere. They had a good price, but
apparently it is lie. I wish someone would sue for false advertising/bait
and switch.

McSpreader

"Jeff B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:42cdc0e5$(E-Mail Removed):

> i received the Dell July flyer today in the mail. i tried to
> place an order for a Canon Powershot S2Is camera today. After 20
> minutes back and forth and hold time, they refused to take the
> order because it was too backordered. The day the catalog came
> out they refused all orders for it. i am arguing now with them.
> Customer nonservice was worthless, and I am awaiting a
> supervisor. I doubt it will get me anywhere. They had a good
> price, but apparently it is lie. I wish someone would sue for
> false advertising/bait and switch.

I'm sure you could sue Dell for the actual loss you incurred. How
much was that?

Notan

Jeff B wrote:

> i received the Dell July flyer today in the mail. i tried to place an order
> for a Canon Powershot S2Is camera today. After 20 minutes back and forth and
> hold time, they refused to take the order because it was too backordered.
> The day the catalog came out they refused all orders for it. i am arguing
> now with them. Customer nonservice was worthless, and I am awaiting a
> supervisor. I doubt it will get me anywhere. They had a good price, but
> apparently it is lie. I wish someone would sue for false advertising/bait
> and switch.

There's usually an "as long as supplies last" clause, be it written
or not.

Notan

Dan Sgambelluri

Jeff B wrote:
> i received the Dell July flyer today in the mail. i tried to place an order
> for a Canon Powershot S2Is camera today. After 20 minutes back and forth and
> hold time, they refused to take the order because it was too backordered.
> The day the catalog came out they refused all orders for it. i am arguing
> now with them. Customer nonservice was worthless, and I am awaiting a
> supervisor. I doubt it will get me anywhere. They had a good price, but
> apparently it is lie. I wish someone would sue for false advertising/bait
> and switch.

How is this False Advertising? They advertised the price but because
it was a good price, that lots and lots of people took advantage of the
deal. Dell had their backorder for it filled up. So you are blaming
Dell because you were too late to get on the deal. Better luck next time.

How is this Bait & Switch? Did they say one price and than give a
number? Of course not.

Dan Sgambelluri

Dan Sgambelluri wrote:
> Jeff B wrote:
>
>> i received the Dell July flyer today in the mail. i tried to place an
>> order for a Canon Powershot S2Is camera today. After 20 minutes back
>> and forth and hold time, they refused to take the order because it was
>> too backordered. The day the catalog came out they refused all orders
>> for it. i am arguing now with them. Customer nonservice was worthless,
>> and I am awaiting a supervisor. I doubt it will get me anywhere. They
>> had a good price, but apparently it is lie. I wish someone would sue
>> for false advertising/bait and switch.
>>

> How is this False Advertising? They advertised the price but because
> it was a good price, that lots and lots of people took advantage of the
> deal. Dell had their backorder for it filled up. So you are blaming
> Dell because you were too late to get on the deal. Better luck next time.
>
> How is this Bait & Switch? Did they say one price and than give a
> number? Of course not.

How is this Bait & Switch? Did they say one price and than give a
number? Of course not.

should be

How is this Bait & Switch? Did they say one price and than give a
another? Of course not.

Jeff B

First of all its Bait & Switch/false advertising because the day the
catalogue came out they were not taking orders for it but Would sell me
another "similar" camera. Fortunately Staples was willing to match the price
anyway since it was advertised and Dell opened a store in my area.

"Dan Sgambelluri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Jeff B wrote:
>> i received the Dell July flyer today in the mail. i tried to place an
>> order for a Canon Powershot S2Is camera today. After 20 minutes back and
>> forth and hold time, they refused to take the order because it was too
>> backordered. The day the catalog came out they refused all orders for it.
>> i am arguing now with them. Customer nonservice was worthless, and I am
>> awaiting a supervisor. I doubt it will get me anywhere. They had a good
>> price, but apparently it is lie. I wish someone would sue for false
>> advertising/bait and switch.

> How is this False Advertising? They advertised the price but because it
> was a good price, that lots and lots of people took advantage of the deal.
> Dell had their backorder for it filled up. So you are blaming Dell
> because you were too late to get on the deal. Better luck next time.
>
> How is this Bait & Switch? Did they say one price and than give a number?
> Of course not.

WSZsr

amazon has the canon Powershot S1 IS 3.2Mpixel 10x optical zoom on sale for
$249.94 shipped free.

"Jeff B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42cddd73$(E-Mail Removed)...
> First of all its Bait & Switch/false advertising because the day the
> catalogue came out they were not taking orders for it but Would sell me
> another "similar" camera. Fortunately Staples was willing to match the
> price anyway since it was advertised and Dell opened a store in my area.
>

> "Dan Sgambelluri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Jeff B wrote:
>>> i received the Dell July flyer today in the mail. i tried to place an
>>> order for a Canon Powershot S2Is camera today. After 20 minutes back and
>>> forth and hold time, they refused to take the order because it was too
>>> backordered. The day the catalog came out they refused all orders for
>>> it. i am arguing now with them. Customer nonservice was worthless, and I
>>> am awaiting a supervisor. I doubt it will get me anywhere. They had a
>>> good price, but apparently it is lie. I wish someone would sue for false
>>> advertising/bait and switch.

>> How is this False Advertising? They advertised the price but because it
>> was a good price, that lots and lots of people took advantage of the
>> deal. Dell had their backorder for it filled up. So you are blaming Dell
>> because you were too late to get on the deal. Better luck next time.
>>
>> How is this Bait & Switch? Did they say one price and than give a
>> number? Of course not.

PC Medic

"Jeff B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42cddd73$(E-Mail Removed)...
> First of all its Bait & Switch/false advertising because the day the
> catalogue came out they were not taking orders for it but Would sell me
> another "similar" camera. Fortunately Staples was willing to match the
> price anyway since it was advertised and Dell opened a store in my area.

It is still NOT 'Bait and Switch and they obviously WERE taking orders the
day it came out or there would not have been too many back-orders.

You may also want to look at the bottom of the page where it reads:

"
Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offer may change without
notice. Taxes are extra, and vary. May be combined with other select offers
or discounts. Valid for new U.S. online purchases through the Dell Home
Systems Electronics & Accessories site only. Offer does not apply to and is
not available with systems or items purchased through the online systems
configurator, refurbished items, or spare parts. Purchase limit of 10 same
items per order. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and
reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors. Continental
U.S. orders only.
"

By the way, they are currently available for order on-line.

Dan Sgambelluri

Jeff B wrote:
> First of all its Bait & Switch/false advertising because the day the
> catalogue came out they were not taking orders for it but Would sell me
> another "similar" camera. Fortunately Staples was willing to match the price
> anyway since it was advertised and Dell opened a store in my area.
>

> "Dan Sgambelluri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>Jeff B wrote:
>>
>>>i received the Dell July flyer today in the mail. i tried to place an
>>>order for a Canon Powershot S2Is camera today. After 20 minutes back and
>>>forth and hold time, they refused to take the order because it was too
>>>backordered. The day the catalog came out they refused all orders for it.
>>>i am arguing now with them. Customer nonservice was worthless, and I am
>>>awaiting a supervisor. I doubt it will get me anywhere. They had a good
>>>price, but apparently it is lie. I wish someone would sue for false
>>>advertising/bait and switch.

>>How is this False Advertising? They advertised the price but because it
>>was a good price, that lots and lots of people took advantage of the deal.
>>Dell had their backorder for it filled up. So you are blaming Dell
>>because you were too late to get on the deal. Better luck next time.
>>
>>How is this Bait & Switch? Did they say one price and than give a number?
>>Of course not.

but it is neither.

It is not bait and switch because, they did not say, you will pay this
price for one product and than switch and get you to get enhancements or
a different product or price. None of that happened.

It is not false advertising, as they had the deal, you were just to slow
to get it as others were quicker to get it as they got the deal.

Hank Arnold

Oh, puleeeze................ Anything in a mailer is also available on
line..... You were just too late.

Bet you were ****ed when a recommended stock on Wall Street Week tanked
after you bought it....

Bottom line is that printed materials like circulars are always outdated as
soon as they are printed....

Get a life and move on..........

--
Regards,