Dell ink cartridges

SNOAD

Is there a way to check if ink cartridges are interchangable?

lexmark 1150
dell 922

TIA

Journey

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:55:24 -0500, SNOAD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a way to check if ink cartridges are interchangable?
>
>lexmark 1150
>dell 922
>
>TIA

I know this is not what you're asking, but since you are asking I want
to point out that Staples sells Dell compatible ink cartridges so you
may want to check pricing there.

Jupiter Jones

I do not know about those two specific cartridges.
But in the past the Dell and Lexmark carts were interchangeable with a
small modification.
Two choices for modification:
1. Swap the top of the two cartridges.
2. in the printer, break of the small tab that prevents the cartridge
cover from closing with the other cart is installed.

Electrically, ink etc they are identical except for top and color.
Easier for manufacturing and easier to coerce customers to buy
directly from Dell.

If there is one of those companies near that refills cartridges while
you wait, ask them, they usually know exactly which are compatible.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"SNOAD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Is there a way to check if ink cartridges are interchangable?
>
> lexmark 1150
> dell 922
>
> TIA

Dell ink Cartridges Lordoftenbroke Dell 40 03-31-2006 10:03 AM
Photo Printer 720 Ink Cartridges Ken Dell 4 12-03-2005 05:04 AM
Ink Cartridges for the Printers. Jim McDonald Dell 4 09-20-2005 12:02 PM
New HP Ink Cartridges $15! Hale HP 0 12-27-2004 11:29 PM
Photosmart ink cartridges info Frank HP 2 11-28-2004 10:22 PM