Dell Inspiron 1501 vs. New Inspiron

global risk appetite

I'm thinking about buying a Dell notebook. It's really for traveling
and I won't be doing heavy number crunching during travel, just to
check email, do some light spreadsheet work, wordprocessing, etc.

I wanna be able to use wireless at hotels and Starbucks. If that's
the case does Inspiron 1501 fit the bill? 1501 uses wireless
specificiations are described as follows:

HyperConnectTM technology - a portfolio of wireless options providing
the freedom to be connected virtually anywhere around the home3.
Connect to your favorite hotspot inside or outside the house with
integrated WiFi wireless. And with dual HyperBand diversity antennae,
you’re set to go for mobile presentations.

On the other hand, the New Inspiron offers: Bluetooth® 2, Wi-Fi,
Mobile Broadband3.

For hotels and Starbux, which one should i get, thanks.

Tom Scales

What you want is WiFi, which the 1501 has. It's a nice box for the
money, but a little large to travel with. I'd consider the 1420.
Smaller and lighter.