Dell Inspiron 3800 goes dead (or in standby?)

hmmm...

I left my Dell laptop on for about an hour. When I went back to it and it
was completely shut down. It was plugged into the AC adapter. Now it won't
boot up. I have a couple batteries, each showing that they have some
charge, but it won't start up on battery power either. The thing looks
completely dead.

Did something fry? Is there some circuit breaker that tripped? Or is it in
some weird standby state? Thanks.

techie

Not weird, just dell......
Take out the battery and disconnect the ac power.
reconnect the ac power, leaving the battery out, and try the power button, if it
boots, then you may be having a battery problem.
let me know on the news group, if this helped.
If you get back into the laptop, you can also run the diagnostics to check to
make sure everything else is ok.
techie

"hmmm..." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4ny6b.2139$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> I left my Dell laptop on for about an hour. When I went back to it and it
> was completely shut down. It was plugged into the AC adapter. Now it won't
> boot up. I have a couple batteries, each showing that they have some
> charge, but it won't start up on battery power either. The thing looks
> completely dead.
>
> Did something fry? Is there some circuit breaker that tripped? Or is it in
> some weird standby state? Thanks.

Inspiron 3800 dead, can you help? Skip Laptops 6 05-26-2007 04:24 AM
Dell Inspiron 3800 notebook weird fault... Ultra Kiasu Dell 0 05-30-2006 07:05 AM
Voltages on dell inspiron 3800 J Dell 0 07-18-2005 06:52 PM
my laptop goes into standby and goes into neverland David Laptops 0 01-01-2004 12:52 AM
Dell Inspiron 3800 Mark Laptops 1 07-20-2003 11:37 PM