Dell Inspiron 546 USB power

zartan24

I have a KVM switch plugged into one of the USB ports on the back of th
box. The KVM does not have AC Power, it pulls power from USB port. Whe
I power on the PC, the KVM switch does not work. Not lights on it. Whe
I remove/reinsert the USB plug, then it lights up and works.

Is there a way to adjust the power settings of my USB ports so they ar
alway On and so then the KVM switch will work

Steve W.

zartan24 wrote:
> I have a KVM switch plugged into one of the USB ports on the back of the
> box. The KVM does not have AC Power, it pulls power from USB port. When
> I power on the PC, the KVM switch does not work. Not lights on it. When
> I remove/reinsert the USB plug, then it lights up and works.
>
> Is there a way to adjust the power settings of my USB ports so they are
> alway On and so then the KVM switch will work?

Nope.

But you could probably stick a powered USB hub in the mix and solve your
problem.

Or buy a powered KVM switch. Or see if there is an option to add power
to the existing one.

--
Steve W.