Dell Print cartridges

Scott

I got a A920 free with a desktop - are there any other ink cartridges work
with it?

Scott

Christopher Muto

no. though it is similar to the lexmark x1150 the cartridges are slightly
different. refill kits (ink that you squirt inside of your existing
cartridges) that are made for the lexmark do work on these cartridges. the
inconvience of ordering cartridges through the mail aside, they are cheaper
than the lexmark equivlent.

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got a A920 free with a desktop - are there any other ink cartridges

work
> with it?
>
> Scott

Ogden Johnson III

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I got a A920 free with a desktop - are there any other ink cartridges work
>with it?

No. The cartridges are proprietary to the Dell A920, and standard
Lexmark/Lexmark clone cartridges won't fit.

There's no such thing as free with an inkjet printer [or, albeit, to a
lesser degree with a laser printer], since they are like safety
razors. Just as Gillette, Shick, et al, make their real money from
the sale of blades for your $5.99 Mach 3, the real money in printers
is from sale of ink/toner cartridges. In this case, Lexmark
cartridges are at the higher end of the range of cartridge prices, and
Dell's proprietary cartridges cost more than true-blue Lexmark
cartridges. At least the last time I looked.

[Which I do, since I've owned a Lexmark since 2000, and can compare
prices with my wife's HP.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.

Christopher Muto

every day prices on dell or lexmark branded cartridges below... this is
what i recall when i last looked a couple of months ago. dell cartridges
are a little cheaper, and when you add in shipping, a lot cheaper. i find
that staples and other local stores are cost even more than buy.com plus
buy.com shipping charges. refill kits work on these cartridges but they are
not for everyone. the best thing to do is wait for dell promotions or
coupons and then stock up.

dell a920 cartridges form dell 'home and small office':
3 pak black $69.99 free shipping, no tax collected (effectively $23.33 each)
2 pak black $50.00 free shipping, no tax collected (effectively $25 each)
2 pak color $56.00 free shipping, no tax collected (effectively $28 each)

lexmark x1150 cartridges from buy.com:
1 pak black $25.95 plus shipping, no tax collected
1 pak color $28.26 plus shipping, no tax collected

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Print cartridges Frank Gateway 11 03-03-2011 05:20 PM
FS: PORTABLE CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used) - PRINT/INK CARTRIDGES(LOT, not single). BCI10, BCI11, etc for BJC50, 55, 70, 80, 85 & otherCANON printers (& some Apple printers). $12 on Ebay StanStar@nyc.rr.com Laptops 0 05-23-2009 07:46 PM
Dell ink Cartridges Lordoftenbroke Dell 40 03-31-2006 10:03 AM
Dell Printer Cartridges PJ Dell 6 12-30-2004 08:43 AM
Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print MacPrint Apple 3 01-07-2004 04:16 PM