Dell Tech Support

cranheim

I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
true. Charles Ranheim

Kevin

"cranheim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsu5qj.3827$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
>he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
>find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
>true. Charles Ranheim

While some support services are still based in the U.S. and Canada, the
majority of those services will undoubtedly continue to be outsourced. It
just makes financial sense. Dell, and other PC makers, are saving tens of
millions of dollars per year by outsourcing technical support. I don't see
that changing.

S.Lewis

"cranheim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsu5qj.3827$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
>he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
>find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
>true. Charles Ranheim

While this is hardly conclusive, I would say that it doesn't appear to be a
good indicator:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3-22710532.htm

cranheim

"S.Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FN7qj.91745$L%(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "cranheim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsu5qj.3827$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
>>he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
>>find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great
>>if true. Charles Ranheim
>>

> While this is hardly conclusive, I would say that it doesn't appear to be
> a good indicator:
>
> http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3-22710532.htm

S.Lewis
I certainly have to agree it does not look good for Dell support coming back
to the U.S. If it did, I'm sure it would increase sales, but probably not
enough to make a good profit with the higher cost of labor in this country.
Charles Ranheim

I call the other day and i got north america tech support, they inform me
that they will do north america tech support for xps systems
"cranheim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IO8qj.3097$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "S.Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FN7qj.91745$L%(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>> "cranheim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsu5qj.3827$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>>I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees
>>>said he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United
>>>States. I find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would
>>>be great if true. Charles Ranheim
>>>

>> While this is hardly conclusive, I would say that it doesn't appear to be
>> a good indicator:
>>
>> http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3-22710532.htm
>>

> S.Lewis
> I certainly have to agree it does not look good for Dell support coming
> back to the U.S. If it did, I'm sure it would increase sales, but probably
> not enough to make a good profit with the higher cost of labor in this
> country. Charles Ranheim

S.Lewis

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I call the other day and i got north america tech support, they inform me
>that they will do north america tech support for xps systems

<snip>

My only recent experience with XPS support was via chat, and it was
definitely not domestic fwiw.......