Dell are useless!

tolgan

Bought an extended service warranty for my laptop, which has since
developed disk errors. Don't know why I bothered...

1. Dell website refuses to turn on warranty-related features (such as
chat with the engineers) presumably because it doesn't know about
extended warranties.

2. I log a fault, 2 weeks later I have a case number but no further
contact.

3. I call the 0844 number at 2 pm on a Saturday. It doesn't work
because an " the call centre is only open 8-8 weekdays and 9-6
Saturdays". Er, Indian time I suppose.

Grrrr....

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
tolgan typed on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 15:12:26 +0000:
> Bought an extended service warranty for my laptop, which has since
> developed disk errors. Don't know why I bothered...
>
> 1. Dell website refuses to turn on warranty-related features (such as
> chat with the engineers) presumably because it doesn't know about
> extended warranties.
>
> 2. I log a fault, 2 weeks later I have a case number but no further
> contact.
>
> 3. I call the 0844 number at 2 pm on a Saturday. It doesn't work
> because an " the call centre is only open 8-8 weekdays and 9-6
> Saturdays". Er, Indian time I suppose.
>
> Grrrr....

Well I don't think it is just Dell. As now it is a totally different
world than it once was. And manufactures cut corners as much as they can
to maximize stockholders profits. Thus all of the people who knew what
they were doing are all gone and replaced by low paid monkeys. <sigh>

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

Bert Hyman

In news:igsein$c72$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org "BillW50"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And manufactures cut corners as much as they can
> to maximize stockholders profits.

How's that going to work out for them when nobody will buy their
products?

But, Dell's had a reputation for lousy after-sale service for years, yet
people continue to buy their stuff, so maybe their scheme does pay off.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

BillW50

In news:Xns9E6E64B93A1E4VeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141,
Bert Hyman typed on 15 Jan 2011 15:54:05 GMT:
> In news:igsein$c72$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org "BillW50"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> And manufactures cut corners as much as they can
>> to maximize stockholders profits.

> How's that going to work out for them when nobody will buy their
> products?
>
> But, Dell's had a reputation for lousy after-sale service for years,
> yet people continue to buy their stuff, so maybe their scheme does
> pay off.

Yeah well I don't think the people in charge really cares if the
practice actually destroys the business or not. Because they don't plan
being there very long anyway. They just rake in all of those big bonuses
because they saved the company millions of dollars. Then they just move
on to another business to ruin and rob. I've seen it over and over
again. <sigh>

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

Linea Recta

"BillW50" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:igshb7$a25$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> In news:Xns9E6E64B93A1E4VeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141,
> Bert Hyman typed on 15 Jan 2011 15:54:05 GMT:
>> In news:igsein$c72$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org "BillW50"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> And manufactures cut corners as much as they can
>>> to maximize stockholders profits.

>> How's that going to work out for them when nobody will buy their
>> products?
>>
>> But, Dell's had a reputation for lousy after-sale service for years,
>> yet people continue to buy their stuff, so maybe their scheme does
>> pay off.

> Yeah well I don't think the people in charge really cares if the practice
> actually destroys the business or not. Because they don't plan being there
> very long anyway. They just rake in all of those big bonuses because they
> saved the company millions of dollars. Then they just move on to another
> business to ruin and rob. I've seen it over and over again. <sigh>

I see you know how capitalism works! :-)

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

BillW50

In news:4d31cfb7$0$81479$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl,
Linea Recta typed on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:47:49 +0100:
> "BillW50" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:igshb7$a25$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> In news:Xns9E6E64B93A1E4VeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141,
>> Bert Hyman typed on 15 Jan 2011 15:54:05 GMT:

>>> How's that going to work out for them when nobody will buy their
>>> products?
>>>
>>> But, Dell's had a reputation for lousy after-sale service for years,
>>> yet people continue to buy their stuff, so maybe their scheme does
>>> pay off.

>> Yeah well I don't think the people in charge really cares if the
>> practice actually destroys the business or not. Because they don't
>> plan being there very long anyway. They just rake in all of those
>> big bonuses because they saved the company millions of dollars. Then
>> they just move on to another business to ruin and rob. I've seen it
>> over and over again. <sigh>

> I see you know how capitalism works! :-)

Actually it works well when they share the wealth with all of those who
made it possible. But they don't want to do that nowadays since the
stockholders and those big bonuses for executives get much smaller.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

Adrian C

On 15/01/2011 15:12, tolgan wrote:
> Bought an extended service warranty for my laptop, which has since
> developed disk errors. Don't know why I bothered...
>
> 1. Dell website refuses to turn on warranty-related features (such as
> chat with the engineers) presumably because it doesn't know about
> extended warranties.
>
> 2. I log a fault, 2 weeks later I have a case number but no further
> contact.
>
> 3. I call the 0844 number at 2 pm on a Saturday. It doesn't work
> because an " the call centre is only open 8-8 weekdays and 9-6
> Saturdays". Er, Indian time I suppose.

I visited a friend yesterday who was at her 'wits end' due to the loss
of her home telephone service. She had decided that to communicate this
problem to the company concerned, she would write a letter every day and
put it in the post addressed to the faults department.

Well, I arrived. First made sure it wasn't anything to do with her own
equipment. Nope dead line.

I dug out my mobile phone. Spoke to an efficient human being at the
company using my decent chatty voice and got a proper response on how
going forward the fault would be fixed, what timescales, what
communication would be forthcoming, yada yada yada. They were very
apologetic on the issue and I've no doubt the matter will be soon resolved.

My friend had rung previously and just bawled her head off at what she
obviously thought were faceless non-entities with a mission to make her
miserable. Which is probably why her support call went nowhere, and why
she was progressing to a pointless plan of spamming them with angry
letters - something which tends to be very common from (I should say
without intended ageism) mostly elderly people.

FWIW I've spoken to Dell Indian support before and have been entirely
satisfied with their service for warranty issues.

Try speaking to people like people, they are not machines.

--
Adrian C (in the UK)

Eaglewarrior85

responding to
http://www.1-script.com/forums/Dell-...e53474--25.htm
Eaglewarrior85 wrote:

I agree the same story I hear from a friend
I think they used to be the best but the service is getting worse