dg45fc problem

dkornyushin@gmail.com

I bought new dg45fc MB. Computer configuration:

mb intel dg45fc
cpu e7200
memory kingston 2 gb
hdd hitachi sata hdp725050gla360
dvd sony-nec br-5100s

I'm trying to install XP home edition on this computer

In this configuration computer can not boot. F2 key (bios setup) is
not responding.

I found out that if I plug out dvd drive I'm getting possibility to
enter bios setup (F2 responds) but this interesting fact aclually does
not help me I still cannot install the system since I have only
bootable CD

Please help.

Bob Bailin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought new dg45fc MB. Computer configuration:
>
> mb intel dg45fc
> cpu e7200
> memory kingston 2 gb
> hdd hitachi sata hdp725050gla360
> dvd sony-nec br-5100s
>
> I'm trying to install XP home edition on this computer
>
> In this configuration computer can not boot. F2 key (bios setup) is
> not responding.
>
> I found out that if I plug out dvd drive I'm getting possibility to
> enter bios setup (F2 responds) but this interesting fact aclually does
> not help me I still cannot install the system since I have only
> bootable CD
>
> Please help.

Update your BIOS to the current version by going to downloadcenter.intel.com

The current version is 0087 released 11/27/2008, and fixes a lot of odd
behaviors that were in version 0077, which is probably the one you have
if you just bought this mb.

Download the BIOS ISO file and burn it to a CD on another computer.
On your new system, disconnect everything except the DVD drive.
Boot from the CD and allow it to update your BIOS. It may take several
minutes to update (not just the usual 1/2 minute or so). Don't be tempted to
hit the reset or power buttons.

After you update the BIOS and reboot, hit F2 repeated until you get into
BIOS setup. Load the BIOS default setup values and save the settings.

Bob