diagnostic lights

ronj@renc.igs.net

When I start my XPS T550, it stalls on the DELL logo screen and sits
there until I soft boot it, sometimes three times before it will
boot-up. The diagnostic lights on the back are green, green, green
and yellow, which according to the manual is "Other Failure". I have
a new 8400 on order, but would like to pass this T550 down the family.
Any ideas on "Other Failure" ??????

MP

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> When I start my XPS T550, it stalls on the DELL logo screen and sits
> there until I soft boot it, sometimes three times before it will
> boot-up. The diagnostic lights on the back are green, green, green
> and yellow, which according to the manual is "Other Failure". I have
> a new 8400 on order, but would like to pass this T550 down the family.
> Any ideas on "Other Failure" ??????

Can't say for certain based on the lights but at this point in the
boot process the PC is going through its POST. You may have a device
that isn't initializing quickly enough a failing hard disk or even a
cdrom can cause this type of problem. See if you can kill the dell
logo during the POST you might be able to see which device its hanging
on.

XPS600 4 diagnostic lights Dave Dell 1 02-26-2006 04:58 PM
Dell Optiplex GX240 Diagnostic Lights Keith Dell 1 10-18-2005 06:00 AM
Dell Dimension 8400 boot problems, A/B diagnostic lights yellow pattyjamas@hotmail.com Dell 2 07-11-2005 12:14 AM
XPS Gen 5 diagnostic lights..?? deltasixxeleven@verizon.net Dell 4 07-09-2005 12:23 AM
Diagnostic Lights on Dell PCs Mike Dell 4 09-11-2004 10:05 PM