Digital Line Detect

HistoryFan

I have a Dell 2400. I just removed the Digital Line Detect program
from my Start Up folder. Any drawbacks to doing this?

HistoryFan

I found this comment from a Dell Forum moderator regarding Digital
Line Detect that answers my own question:

<<<Digital Line Detect is a program sent out with certain V.92 compliant
modes to test your phone line. Digital phone lines run on a different
voltage than Analog phone lines. If you connect your modem to a digital
phone line, it could damage the modem. Digital Line Detect allows you to
test the phone line to see if it is digital or not.
Analog phone lines are found in homes and most businesses. Digital phone
lines are found in some businesses and offices and other "corporate"
buildings.
You do not need the program if you are using your computer at your home. >>>

"HistoryFan" <NoSpam!@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:yxevb.26499$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Dell 2400. I just removed the Digital Line Detect program
> from my Start Up folder. Any drawbacks to doing this?

DIGITAL Toner, DIGITAL Ink Cartridges, DIGITAL Ribbons Jacobs HP 0 08-03-2010 10:27 AM
M50: Do you get audio passthrough line-in to line-out? Davy PC Hardware 5 03-26-2008 11:48 AM
Line In vs Line 0ut. axipolti@yahoo.com Dell 2 08-01-2005 12:19 AM
Digital Line Detect Robin Dell 6 02-28-2004 09:56 AM
Line-In to Digital Out? Joe User Motherboards 0 09-13-2003 04:35 AM