Dimension 3000 - no audio after reformat

Junior Member

I reformatted my Dell Dimension 3000 with my Dell provided Windows XP disk and everything works fine except my audio. I have tried numerous chipset drivers (4 - installed first as directed) and audio drivers (6) and still cannot enable the ADI 198x integrated audio card. Any suggestions for which exact chipset and audio driver combination I need? My patience is wearing thin. Thanks in advance.