DIMM configuration

Oenone

Hello there,

I was hoping someone could confirm that I've configured the DIMMs in my PC
correctly.

I have an MSI K8N Diamond (MS-7100) motherboard that was initially fitted
with 2x512MB DIMMS, installed in DIMM sockets 1 and 2 (green and purple).

I just bought two more DIMMS, each 1024MB, and have installed these in the
remaining two sockets, 3 and 4 (also green and purple).

Is this the right way to do it? I've read the relevant pages in the manual
over and over again and still can't quite tell if I should me putting the
matching DIMMs on to different coloured sockets as I have at the moment, or
if I should put both the 512MBs on (say) the green sockets, and the 1024MBs
on the purple sockets.

Any clarification that anyone could offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--

(O)enone

Grunion

That is my understanding of it. Apparently, the same color configuration
is only if you are using single sided memory.

- Grun