**** Dirt 2 Demo ****

Skybuck Flying

Yo,

The Dirt 2 Demo is out !

And it is pretty damn awesome ! =D

I just played almost 4 hours it's that good.

The sound is pretty damn cool... the graphics are pretty damn cool... the
special effects, like water, and obstacle sounds is pretty damn cool.

The replay option is fricking awesome ! and very enjoyable to watch !

The music is also pretty cool.

The menu system is also pretty cool... but a bit lengthy at times.

I feel sad about one thing... I took a little look at the cars and there
seems to be no trucks present in the full version ?!?

Anyway the "stuka" car of the demo is damn cool !

This demo is probably the coolest demo of all time ! =D Not to be missed !

Therefore I give it 4 out of 5 stars... even if it's just fun for 4 hours or
so... it's 4 amazing hours !

I also pulled out the steering wheel and pedals for this one ! <- Much
harder =D but after I while I get it Damn fun too to be in the driving
seat

First level is pretty damn cool. It's like the first level of dirt 1 but a
bit better !

Lot's of possibilities to fly over on the head if not carefull And the
water pools are nice... and the jumps very cool too. And ofcourse the DIRT !

I feel like my mouth is now full with SAND/DIRT ! =D

I gotta go WASH MY MOUTH ! LOL. That's how real it feels... the car will
become dirty too ! =D

(My mouth is dry from the "jaw-dropping !" =D)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Wile E. Coyote

Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Yo,
>
> The Dirt 2 Demo is out !

I'm waiting for full version to be released because I have free Steam
coupon for Dirt2 from my ATI 5870 purchase which means I get to run it
in all it's DX11 glory. Bwahahaha...read it and weep Nvidia fanbois.

Skybuck Flying

"Wile E. Coyote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:isuRm.77964$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> Yo,
>>
>> The Dirt 2 Demo is out !

> I'm waiting for full version to be released because I have free Steam
> coupon for Dirt2 from my ATI 5870 purchase which means I get to run it in
> all it's DX11 glory. Bwahahaha...read it and weep Nvidia fanbois.

Oh yeah baby ! =D

Dirt 2 full version definetly on priority list ! =D

Meanwhile... while we wait for the full version to be available here are two
nice video's of me playing the demo:

Me (Skybuck) in the driving seat using a steering wheel and pedals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyjBPOHCCfQ

Me (Skybuck) in the replay =D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30a8nQAvUAI

Recorded it this morning just as I woke up ! LOL.

I am blown away by the quality of this game ! =D

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHH =D

Very fun to watch I must say ! and not just because it's me... it's
just damn gorgious !

(Spectacular jump in replay at 1:41 ! )

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Wile E. Coyote

Skybuck Flying wrote:

> Very fun to watch I must say ! and not just because it's me... it's
> just damn gorgious !
>
> (Spectacular jump in replay at 1:41 ! )
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck =D

Looks good but what were your frame rates like? I'm not downloading the
demo when In will have to download full game anyway in a few days.

Skybuck Flying

"Wile E. Coyote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EXMRm.23126$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
>> Very fun to watch I must say ! and not just because it's me... it's
>> just damn gorgious !
>>
>> (Spectacular jump in replay at 1:41 ! )
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck =D

> Looks good but what were your frame rates like? I'm not downloading the

30 fps while playing... 15 fps while recording with fraps... I tried to
include this kind of information in the youtube description but youtube
puked it out So there is now a short description and I am gonna keep
it like that

> demo when In will have to download full game anyway in a few days.

You short on space ?

You could download it, play it then delete it then download full =D

There is no rush though... take your time and play it when you ready for it
! =D

One drawback of these kind of games is:

1. Lots of sound... can't really play it at night... especially with the
steering wheel to noisy.

2. Need steering wheel + pedals to fully enjoy it... but it gets in the way
of normal computing.

3. There is also a risk of RSI damage...

4. Gets boring real fast... especially once I have seen all tracks at
least that goes for me

Maybe multiplayer might give it some more durability... but can't play that
nowadays because of you know what

Bye,
Skybuck.

Wile E. Coyote

Skybuck Flying wrote:

> You short on space ?

No, just too time consuming when I know I will have to download full
game soon anyway. I have wheel and pedals and headphones so all set to
go. I hope I get more than 30fps though and why does it drop to 15fps
from just running FRAPS?

Skybuck Flying

"Wile E. Coyote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5g5Sm.54690$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
>> You short on space ?

> No, just too time consuming when I know I will have to download full game
> soon anyway. I have wheel and pedals and headphones so all set to go. I
> hope I get more than 30fps though and why does it drop to 15fps from just
> running FRAPS?

Fraps captures the screen and then needs to compress it a little bit with a
"codec"... this requires lot's of cpu...

Fraps probably uses a pretty fast codec too... it's own custom codec.

For example the ffdshow mpeg2 codec only achieves 19 FPS while encoding (and
this is without running any games)

So to be able to run a game and record it at the same time and compress it
one needs a very beefy cpu... or a very fast codec !

Hope this helps !

I just played Dirty 2 for the First time (Lol I keep writing Dirty 2 lol...
it's Dirt ofcourse)

Anyway the game started bitching about corrupted save games ?! Such a
drag... I never finished Dirty 1 because of this...

I also just had a blue screen of death while trying to switch the audio
hardware acceleration...

And my CPU was 51 degrees probably because of the Rapture3D audio
renderer... and lower fan speed settings..

Seeing 51 degrees cpu temperature is kinda unusually... so be warned ?!

I think it's more wise to switch to audio hardware acceleration if available
to "divide" the heat among different components

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Hmmm.. Full version just hang... doesn't seem like a too good game...

Third race less beautifull too...

I think I am already ready to give up on this game P

Thumbs down from me

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

Full version has a "save game corrupted problem" with "Microsoft Games for
Windows Live" on Windows XP x64 Pro.

Fortunately there is a solution:

1. De-install "Microsoft Games for Windows Live"

2. Download older version 3.00.0086.00 from microsoft, link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-8f781ad50bd0

3. Install it.

4. Play game and save !

Now I am going to play it some more !

Bye,
Skybuck.

!!! DiRT !!! :) Skybuck Flying Nvidia 2 08-02-2007 09:19 PM
Bit of dirt inside laptop screen -- cleanable? Vengeful Laptops 1 07-22-2007 11:44 PM
Looking for a dirt cheap used 486 or pentium laptop Dodger Laptops 5 11-28-2005 12:35 AM
Got dirt-bagged on Ebay DaveL Nvidia 47 01-31-2004 04:32 PM
Dirt cheap 8051 camera Android Cat Embedded 0 12-14-2003 08:53 PM