How to disable Intel PXE boot

Kaczorek

Hello, I have a problem:
I have Abit is7 motherboard and I don't know kow to disable Intel PXE boot
system. I have 4 NICs in my system, and it is horrible that every time i
turn on my PC PXE checks every NIC-it takes too much time. DOes anybody know
how to disable it? Thanks.

Geoff

Kaczorek wrote:
> Hello, I have a problem:
> I have Abit is7 motherboard and I don't know kow to disable Intel PXE
> boot system. I have 4 NICs in my system, and it is horrible that
> every time i turn on my PC PXE checks every NIC-it takes too much
> time. DOes anybody know how to disable it? Thanks.

either a jumper on the cards (?) or look in bios for any options
i don't think you have any control though really, why do you have 4 nic's ?

Kaczorek

It's a long story, in short: we've had a few cards, and it wasn't necessary
to buy a switch so we made a network in that way.

Geoff

Kaczorek wrote:
> It's a long story, in short: we've had a few cards, and it wasn't
> necessary to buy a switch so we made a network in that way.

even though switchs are dirt cheap ?
all i can say is that i hope is was an on the day v temp thing