Disabling ATI Rage XL integrated graphics card on a K8E?

StinaFina

The ATI Rage XL has given me nothing but trouble. I've got an EVGA
GeForce 6800 GT Ultra installed, and the two cards are vying for
superiority, causing my system to frequently crash. I've disabled the
Rage from Computer Management, but the computer keeps recognizing it
and reinstalling, but then continues to flag it as not working
properly. I've tried to disable it from the BIOS, but I can't *find* it
anywhere. Does anyone know exactly how to permanently disable the ATI
Rage XL from a Tomcat K8E mainboard?

Thanks in advance.

-Christina

Paul

StinaFina wrote:

> The ATI Rage XL has given me nothing but trouble. I've got an EVGA
> GeForce 6800 GT Ultra installed, and the two cards are vying for
> superiority, causing my system to frequently crash. I've disabled the
> Rage from Computer Management, but the computer keeps recognizing it
> and reinstalling, but then continues to flag it as not working
> properly. I've tried to disable it from the BIOS, but I can't *find* it
> anywhere. Does anyone know exactly how to permanently disable the ATI
> Rage XL from a Tomcat K8E mainboard?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Christina

In the manual, jumper JP11 is "Disable On-board VGA" ?

ftp://ftp.tyan.com/manuals/m_s2865_110.pdf

Paul