Disk Utilty question

Alan Browne

In reading JR's partitioning question, I started to partition an
external drive to check something using Disk Utility.

The partitioning began and I think I must of CMD-Q'd Disk Utility w/o
realizing it. The partitioning is noisily in process (I think diskutil
needs to move stuff around first).

Did the Disk Utility issue the command to diskutil and so when I quit
Disk Utility diskutil just kept on doing what it had been asked to do?

Or is my disk about to get scrambled?

No biggie - it's a one of three identical separate sets of files.

--
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
Douglas Adams - (Could have been a GPS engineer).