display adapter driver keeps disappearing

paul

gigabyte ga-7vkmls. Bought 3 years ago and installation went fine with xp
pro.
Now reformat HDD and re-insalll xp pro from the same disk. Divice manager
Display Adapter is not listed, but listed as unknown. So, I updated it with
the driver that came with the motherboard, then it is listed with no
conflicts. However when I re-boot, it is again listed as unknown and there
is again no Display Adapter listed in divice manager. I have reinstalled
several times and this keeps hapening. I even wrote zeros to the entire HDD
and that did not help. I also downloaded the latest display adapter from
gigabyte and that did not help.

Please help!

paul