Display device fades and video stutters at the same time???

Nick Mirro

This has completely baffled me. I am getting relentless stuttering
of
1080 video running VLC, WMC or WinDVD and running either coreavc or
ffdshow. Directx, mobo and vid drivers are all new.

Here's the real head spinner. When running the coreAVC codec, I open
an MTS file in WMP and the entire projector output begins TO DIM????
Like the lamp output is dropping. Its new and works perfectly in any
other situation (blue-ray, Cable, etc.)

Any ideas about this? My head is spinning.

Nick

MicroATX GIgabyte GA-MA7 AMD 780G chipset
A64 X2 2.5 ghz processor
Onboard ATI HD 3200 video (using HDMI out to Epson Home Cinema 1080p)

Single Kingston 2gb PC8500 running at 800 mhz

Nick Mirro

On Oct 3, 7:13*pm, Nick Mirro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> This has completely baffled me. *I am getting relentless stuttering
> of
> 1080 video running VLC, WMC or WinDVD and running either coreavc or
> ffdshow. *Directx, mobo and vid drivers are all new.
>
> Here's the real head spinner. *When running the coreAVC codec, I open
> an MTS file in WMP and the entire projector output begins TO DIM????
> Like the lamp output is dropping. *Its new and works perfectly in any
> other situation (blue-ray, Cable, etc.)
>
> Any ideas about this? *My head is spinning.
>
> Nick
>
> MicroATX *GIgabyte GA-MA7 *AMD 780G chipset
> A64 X2 2.5 ghz processor
> Onboard ATI HD 3200 video (using HDMI out to Epson Home Cinema 1080p)
>
> Single Kingston 2gb PC8500 running at 800 mhz

Could this all be the powersupply? I think its 400 watts and cannot
be replaced for this case.

Nick Mirro

On Oct 3, 8:46*pm, Nick Mirro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 7:13*pm, Nick Mirro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > This has completely baffled me. *I am getting relentless stuttering
> > of
> > 1080 video running VLC, WMC or WinDVD and running either coreavc or
> > ffdshow. *Directx, mobo and vid drivers are all new.

> > Here's the real head spinner. *When running the coreAVC codec, I open
> > an MTS file in WMP and the entire projector output begins TO DIM????
> > Like the lamp output is dropping. *Its new and works perfectly in any
> > other situation (blue-ray, Cable, etc.)

> > Any ideas about this? *My head is spinning.

> > Nick

> > MicroATX *GIgabyte GA-MA7 *AMD 780G chipset
> > A64 X2 2.5 ghz processor
> > Onboard ATI HD 3200 video (using HDMI out to Epson Home Cinema 1080p)

> > Single Kingston 2gb PC8500 running at 800 mhz

> Could this all be the powersupply? *I think its 400 watts and cannot
> be replaced for this case.- Hide quoted text -

Ok the solution was simply not enought processing power. I upped the
processor and added a 2nd memory channel and it is now solved.
Strangely, the A64 processor was fused to the heatsink. Never saw
that before.