Display Driver for Compaq Evo N1020V

craigrofesf@hotmail.com

Someone please help me!!! I am loadinga an old WIN 2000 Pro operating
system on an old COMPAQ (details in subject) and the OS has installed
a standard display driver.

I have tried downloading a driver from compaq.com but their driver
(which is supposed to work fro WIN 2000 & XP) does not install
correctly! ("The ATI Contol Panel is not initialized.......").

I used to be able to download an old driver for WIN 2000 Pro alone. It
worked but this is no longer available!

I would download from ati.com directly but I do not know what video
card is in my laptop!!!!!

Someone help me (the newby)....much appreciated!!!!!!

Augustus

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Someone please help me!!! I am loadinga an old WIN 2000 Pro operating
> system on an old COMPAQ (details in subject) and the OS has installed
> a standard display driver.
>
> I have tried downloading a driver from compaq.com but their driver
> (which is supposed to work fro WIN 2000 & XP) does not install
> correctly! ("The ATI Contol Panel is not initialized.......").
>
> I used to be able to download an old driver for WIN 2000 Pro alone. It
> worked but this is no longer available!
>
> I would download from ati.com directly but I do not know what video
> card is in my laptop!!!!!
>
> Someone help me (the newby)....much appreciated!!!!!!

You require specific drivers from the laptop manufacturer, specifically for
the ATI IGP340M chipset. A Radeon driver from ATI/AMD will NOT work on an
EVO N1020V. I had no trouble downloading the specific Win 2000 driver for
this laptop (23.5Mb). See below...can't be bothered to use SnipURL....
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...5&swEnvOID=181

craigrofesf@hotmail.com

On Oct 15, 10:01*pm, "Augustus" <no_one@no_where.net> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Someone please help me!!! I am loadinga an old WIN 2000 Pro operating
> > system on an old COMPAQ (details in subject) and the OS has installed
> > a standard display driver.

> > I have tried downloading a driver from compaq.com but their driver
> > (which is supposed to work fro WIN 2000 & XP) does not install
> > correctly! ("The ATI Contol Panel is not initialized.......").

> > I used to be able to download an old driver for WIN 2000 Pro alone. It
> > worked but this is no longer available!

> > I would download from ati.com directly but I do not know what video
> > card is in my laptop!!!!!

> > Someone help me (the newby)....much appreciated!!!!!!

> You require specific drivers from the laptop manufacturer, specifically for
> the ATI IGP340M chipset. A Radeon driver from ATI/AMD will NOT work on an
> EVO N1020V. I had no trouble downloading the specific Win 2000 driver for
> this laptop (23.5Mb). See below...can't be bothered to use SnipURL....http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reIndex.jsp?la...

Thanks a million...worked a treat!!!!! I think I was having trouble
trying to download drivers from compaq.com NOT hp.com!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!