How Do I Connect my Tablet PC to a Projector?

RasheedS

I forgot how to connect my Tablet PC to a Projector?
Any help out there please?

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> I forgot how to connect my Tablet PC to a Projector? <<

It varies with both the projector and the tablet, but, the most common
connection is to use the VGA connector and set the computer to "both
monitors" so both the laptop and projector are showing the same image.

Tablets pose a small problem as the projector will assume landscape
where most tablet use is in portrait.

More info? ...please post tablet make model and projector make model

hth,
Beverly Howard

Not Sure

l have esperienced Some problems too.
When i connect my Fujitsu-Siemens lifebook T 4215 (both with Vista and XP
tablet) to a projector, it works fine when on "normal laptop" mode and
doesn't work at all in tablet mode.
Is it a feature of the o.s., of the hardware, or is it me that miss some
settings?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my english
Maurizio

"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

> >> I forgot how to connect my Tablet PC to a Projector? <<

> It varies with both the projector and the tablet, but, the most common
> connection is to use the VGA connector and set the computer to "both
> monitors" so both the laptop and projector are showing the same image.
>
> Tablets pose a small problem as the projector will assume landscape
> where most tablet use is in portrait.
>
> More info? ...please post tablet make model and projector make model
>
> hth,
> Beverly Howard

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> T 4215 (both with Vista and XP tablet) <<
>> works fine when on "normal laptop" mode and doesn't work at all in

tablet mode. <<

My guess would be that either switching to tablet "turns off" the
external monitor or the projector can't handle the portrait mode... i.e.
it's expecting the aspect ratio for landscape...

....so, suggestions would be;

rotate it to tablet

Press <ctrl/alt-F1> and <ctrl/alt-F3> with the tip (ctrl and alt keys
will be "sticky") to see if that will toggle the projector on... if so,
you can use the intel utility to set up a profile which will work with a
projector and allow you to work on the tablet.

or... Press the screen rotation button so that it's in landscape tablet
mode to see if the projector will respond to that.

It's been discussed here, but, there appears to be no way to use an
external monitor or projector and have one in portrait and the other in
landscape.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Mickey Segal

I've never had any problem but I've always used landscape mode. I had been
worried that there would be a mismatch between where I put the pen and where
it appeared on the screen, but I had no such problem.

Not Sure

"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

> >> T 4215 (both with Vista and XP tablet) <<
> >> works fine when on "normal laptop" mode and doesn't work at all in

> tablet mode. <<
>
> My guess would be that either switching to tablet "turns off" the
> external monitor or the projector can't handle the portrait mode... i.e.
> it's expecting the aspect ratio for landscape...
>
> ....so, suggestions would be;
>
> rotate it to tablet
>
> Press <ctrl/alt-F1> and <ctrl/alt-F3> with the tip (ctrl and alt keys
> will be "sticky") to see if that will toggle the projector on... if so,
> you can use the intel utility to set up a profile which will work with a
> projector and allow you to work on the tablet.
>
> or... Press the screen rotation button so that it's in landscape tablet
> mode to see if the projector will respond to that.

I ended up choosing "connect external projector" from the customization
window of the desktop. Then they (tablet & ext. monitor) found each other.

> It's been discussed here, but, there appears to be no way to use an
> external monitor or projector and have one in portrait and the other in
> landscape.

I tried that too but whwn i switch from landscape to portrait on the pc, the
external monitor showed a 90° rotation of the screen. Too bad. It is quite
awkward to use a tablet in landscape mode...
Anyway, thank you very mych

Maurizio