How do i disable, mouse click sound from speakers?

Sam-No Spam Plz

I bought DellD2400, WinXpHome
Everytime i click mouse on web pages, links in internet explorer 6, i hear
the click sound from
speakers even when i listen music.
I don't want to hear the click sound from speakers.
How do i disable it?

Thanks
Sam

Edward J. Neth

Look under Sounds and Audio Devices/Sounds/Explorer. Set the navigation
sounds (complete and start) to none.

"Sam-No Spam Plz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6goGb.11562$d%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I bought DellD2400, WinXpHome
> Everytime i click mouse on web pages, links in internet explorer 6, i hear
> the click sound from
> speakers even when i listen music.
> I don't want to hear the click sound from speakers.
> How do i disable it?
>
> Thanks
> Sam

ftran999

"Sam-No Spam Plz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6goGb.11562$d%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I bought DellD2400, WinXpHome
> Everytime i click mouse on web pages, links in internet explorer 6, i hear
> the click sound from
> speakers even when i listen music.
> I don't want to hear the click sound from speakers.
> How do i disable it?
>
> Thanks
> Sam

Not sure about xp, but in win98se you would go to start>control
panel>sounds. Double click sounds>scroll down to "start navigation" and
click on it to highlight it. Click the down arrow under sound name and
choose none. Click apply and OK. Like I said this works for w98 so you may
have to play around to see how it works in xp.

Ogden Johnson III

"Edward J. Neth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Sam-No Spam Plz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>> I bought DellD2400, WinXpHome
>> Everytime i click mouse on web pages, links in internet explorer 6, i hear
>> the click sound from
>> speakers even when i listen music.
>> I don't want to hear the click sound from speakers.
>> How do i disable it?

>Look under Sounds and Audio Devices/Sounds/Explorer. Set the navigation
>sounds (complete and start) to none.

Alternatively, try downloading better quality MP3s. ;-> I've only
experienced that "click" when I've had to crank up the sound, from
what is satisfactory for "normal" recordings/videos/whatever, to
listen to something that is at a low sound level. When I'm listening
to stuff at "normal" levels, mouse movements are silent.

[For the record, my settings under Sounds and Audio Devices | Sounds |
Explorer have been left at the XP default, with only "Empty Recycle
Bin" and "Start Navigation" active.]
[Also for the record, under the Truth in Usenet Posting Act of 1990,
that mouse /may/ very well be clicking at those "normal" levels
without me hearing it. Thanks to damn near 20 years in USMC aviation,
much of it before the advent of the universal {and mandatory} use of
"mickey mouse" ears [sound suppressors] by all ground crew, my high
freq hearing is damned near nil.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.

Red Alert 3 right mouse click pretty annoying, fortunately classic mouse setup possible ;) Skybuck Flying Nvidia 1 11-19-2008 04:56 AM
Auto Mouse Click John Crook Dell 5 12-06-2005 01:49 PM
KT880 Reboots with a click of the mouse Michael Soyo 0 05-05-2005 12:42 AM
Microsoft Wireless Wheel Mouse - The left click button is not working Hannah Hardware 2 11-06-2003 11:27 PM
Single Pen Click on Compaq Tablet PC creates a left click and return Jasen Tablet PC 1 07-14-2003 08:45 PM