How do I get Audigy card to work with Dos games like Doom or Heretic?

Orbit8

I have upgraded to Audigy Gamer card. New games work well, but old DOS games
have no sound. Is there a special driver or program that is know to anyone?

Creative's website has no solutions I can find. Is it required that you have
some sort of dual sound card setup?

Please help

--
(E-Mail Removed)
My ICQ # is 28930715

Lenny

> I have upgraded to Audigy Gamer card. New games work well, but old DOS

games
> have no sound. Is there a special driver or program that is know to

anyone?

I don't think DOS sound is supported by the Audigy series. I mean, come on
now, it was ten years or more since the games you mention were released.

There are ways around your problem, one is to install a soundblaster
emulator, and the other is to play an updated source port of your games. I'd
recommend the second option, as the updated ports typically allow 3D card
acceleration, updated graphics etc. You can find a DOS sound emulator here:
http://ntvdm.cjb.net/ and one of the best, if not the best
Doom/Heretic/Hexen source ports here: http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

Jenny100

Orbit8 wrote:
> I have upgraded to Audigy Gamer card. New games work well, but old DOS games
> have no sound. Is there a special driver or program that is know to anyone?
>
> Creative's website has no solutions I can find. Is it required that you have
> some sort of dual sound card setup?
>
> Please help

Try an emulator
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/information.php?page=0