how do I get update without having orginal disk

Tellis Johnson

I do have the original disk and I did install from it, but when I run the
update downloaded from the Creative site I still get the message that I
should install from the original disk first. I uninstalled and tried again
but still get the same thing. How do I get around this?

D.R.

"Tellis Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I do have the original disk and I did install from it, but when I run the
> update downloaded from the Creative site I still get the message that I
> should install from the original disk first. I uninstalled and tried again
> but still get the same thing. How do I get around this?

Can you be more specific please?

Moondog

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:03:33 +1200, "D.R." <D.R. @ NZ> wrote:

>"Tellis Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I do have the original disk and I did install from it, but when I run the
>> update downloaded from the Creative site I still get the message that I
>> should install from the original disk first. I uninstalled and tried again
>> but still get the same thing. How do I get around this?
>>

>Can you be more specific please?

He has the same problem I have! I just recently removed my SB Live
5.1 Digital Platinum card from storage but I seem to have lost the
original install cd that came with it. On the www.sblive.com site all
the provide is a update! They dont let you download the complete
install of some of the apps needed like the remote control software!

So no remote control for me! :-(

Can some kind person please make a clone of thier cd and post it
somewhere for us poor soles! Thanks

Moondog