How do I get XP tablet on my device?

MiltonWillis

I just bought a WebDT 366 off of Ebay and I'm looking to install XP tablet
edition on it. It currently runs Windows CE.
The specs are:
533 MHz processor
512 MB Ram

I've seen the WebDT 360 running the software and the difference between the
360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an embedded wireless card and
the 366 needs a card for wifi.
How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
I apologize. I am a noob!

Rainald Taesler

MiltonWillis schrieb:

> I just bought a WebDT 366 off of Ebay and I'm looking to install XP
> tablet edition on it. It currently runs Windows CE.
> The specs are:
> 533 MHz processor
> 512 MB Ram
>
> I've seen the WebDT 360 running the software and the difference
> between the 360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an
> embedded wireless card and the 366 needs a card for wifi.
> How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
> I apologize. I am a noob!

I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what your "WebDT" might be :-(

In general, however, I can say that "Windiws XP TabletPC Edition" has
never been available for sale as an OS.
MS policies had been to exclusively make it available to the
manufacturers of TabletPC for bundling it with their hardware.

So you will hardly have any chance to get hold of the OS except finding
a second-hand offer (on eBay f.e.)

Another issue would be to get hold of the specific drivers issued by the
harware manufacturer.

Rainald

Sinner

"MiltonWillis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just bought a WebDT 366 off of Ebay and I'm looking to install XP tablet
> edition on it. It currently runs Windows CE.
> The specs are:
> 533 MHz processor
> 512 MB Ram
>
> I've seen the WebDT 360 running the software and the difference between
> the
> 360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an embedded wireless card
> and
> the 366 needs a card for wifi.
> How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
> I apologize. I am a noob!

Typically, Tablet Edition only came installed on new tablets. You can,
however, find some OEM media on eBay. That's where I got mine.

Dirtpimp

On Mar 21, 7:02*pm, "Rainald Taesler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> MiltonWillis schrieb:
>
> > I just bought aWebDT366 off of Ebay and I'm looking toinstallXP
> > tablet edition on it. It currently runsWindowsCE.
> > The specs are:
> > 533 MHz processor
> > 512 MB Ram

> > I've seen theWebDT360 running the software and the difference
> > between the 360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an
> >embeddedwireless card and the 366 needs a card for wifi.
> > How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
> > I apologize. I am a noob!

> I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what your "WebDT" might be :-(
>
> In general, however, I can say that "WindiwsXPTabletPC Edition" has
> never been available for sale as an OS.
> MS policies had been to exclusively make it available to the
> manufacturers of TabletPC for bundling it with their hardware.
>
> So you will hardly have any chance *to get hold of the OS except finding
> a second-hand offer (on eBay f.e.)
>
> Another issue would be to get hold of the specific drivers issued by the
> harware manufacturer.
>
> Rainald

I think he is talking about Windows XP Embedded.

Rainald Taesler

Dirtpimp wrote:

>>> I just bought aWebDT366 off of Ebay and I'm looking toinstallXP
>>> tablet edition on it. It currently runsWindowsCE.
>>> The specs are:
>>> 533 MHz processor
>>> 512 MB Ram

>>> I've seen theWebDT360 running the software and the difference
>>> between the 360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an
>>> embedded wireless card and the 366 needs a card for wife.
>>> How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
>>> I apologize. I am a knob!

>> I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what your "WebTV" might be :-(
>>
>> In general, however, I can say that "Windows XP TabletPC
>> Edition" has never been available for sale as an OS.
>> MS policies had been to exclusively make it available to the
>> manufacturers of TabletPC for bundling it with their hardware.
>>
>> So you will hardly have any chance to get hold of the OS except
>> finding a second-hand offer (on eBay f.e.)
>>
>> Another issue would be to get hold of the specific drivers issued by
>> the hardware manufacturer.

> I think he is talking about Windows XP Embedded.

Really?
As I never have been using that (neither on my PDAs, nor on my
TabletPC), I'm a but illiterate in so far.
The OP has explicitly been asking about "XP Tablet Edition", however.
Guess what.

Rainald

Steve Jain [MVP]

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 02:52:15 +0100, "Rainald Taesler" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>> I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what your "WebTV" might be :-(
>>>
>>> In general, however, I can say that "Windows XP TabletPC
>>> Edition" has never been available for sale as an OS.
>>> MS policies had been to exclusively make it available to the
>>> manufacturers of TabletPC for bundling it with their hardware.
>>>
>>> So you will hardly have any chance to get hold of the OS except
>>> finding a second-hand offer (on eBay f.e.)
>>>
>>> Another issue would be to get hold of the specific drivers issued by
>>> the hardware manufacturer.

>> I think he is talking about Windows XP Embedded.

>Really?
>As I never have been using that (neither on my PDAs, nor on my
>TabletPC), I'm a but illiterate in so far.
>The OP has explicitly been asking about "XP Tablet Edition", however.
>Guess what.
>
>Rainald

Since it's running Windows CE now, the OP probably can't upgrade the
OS, it's an embedded OS, so you don't usually get an option to do a
simple OS install.
However, DTResearch's site says this system can run XP Pro as well as
XP Embedded, no mention of XP tablet. Best bet, contact them for help

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP