Do I need the Lightscribe service enabled;;;

Tester

.... if I don't have Lightscribe-compatible disks?

My computer maker and the makers of my software seem to want me to be
running sh*tloads of startup programs which do things like checking if
anything has an upgrade or they make a program I run once a month load
faster and as a result everything gets bogged down.

If you install Apple Itunes it wants you to run an Ipod service even
if you don't have an Ipod!

I'm constantly removing this stuff with msconfig or regedit (yes, I
know - save any piece of the registry you delete) and I'm thinking of
going into services.msc and disabling the lightscribe service.

By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
done any Lightscribe software for Linux?

Desk Rabbit

Tester wrote:
> By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
> done any Lightscribe software for Linux?

Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

Tiscali Support

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:42:01 +0100, Desk Rabbit wrote:

> Tester wrote:
>> By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
>> done any Lightscribe software for Linux?
>>

> Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

Not supported on Debian/Ubuntu.

Christopher Syn

Lightscribe is for labeling only