Do Not buy from circuit City

Gerald Newton

I purchased a computer online on 12/14/2007. I live in Alaska but
wanted my daughter to pick up the computer and software in Wayne, New
Jersey. My daughter teaches school in New Jersey and needed the
computer before the weekend so I thought she could pick it up at the
store. I called Circuit City and got someone in manila (I asked) and
explained the situation. They said it would be up to the store. So I
tried to call the store and after going through about 6 of those press
this number or that I finally got someone that said to call back and
press 0 for customer service. I called back and pressed 0 and got
some girl that put me on hold. I called back again and asked for the
store manager and again was put on hold. I called my daughter in New
Jersey and she said her Mom lived right next to the store and she
would try to pick up the computer. So the next day (Saturday) I
called the store five times and five times customer service placed me
on hold or hung up. My x-wife was at the store at the time and she
called me and said there was no way she could pick up the computer and
that I would have to cancel the order and wire her the money. So I
cancelled the order and wired her $1400 using Western Union. She
bought the computer using the very same order that I had done online.
The store tried to charge her $29 instead of the $19 on the order for
the wireless mouse and they left the Microsoft Office $149 software
out of the bag and she caught it so they then said they had forgotten
the software.
Now the bummer. The original order was paid for by debit card and the
money was given to Circuit City as shown in my online bank record. It
now has been 7 days and they still have my money for the canceled
order. I called yesterday and again got some guy in Manila who said
the money for the canceled order would not go back into my bank
account for 2 to 5 business days and that they still have until
tomorrow, Friday to put the money back in. Funny how they can
immediately take the money, but have to wait a week to put the money
back. Do Not Buy From Circuit City! I making this post all over the
Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

John Whitworth

"Gerald Newton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I called yesterday and again got some guy in Manila who said
> the money for the canceled order would not go back into my bank
> account for 2 to 5 business days and that they still have until
> tomorrow, Friday to put the money back in. Funny how they can
> immediately take the money, but have to wait a week to put the money
> back. Do Not Buy From Circuit City!

The 2 to 5 business days is most likely the delay caused by chargebacks
through the banking system, not the fault of Circuit City (for this issue,
at least!)

JW

Best Buy, Circuit City Reps Pressure Consumers to Buy Unnecessary Recovery Discs useful_infos@yahoo.com Laptops 2 09-01-2007 03:07 AM
$300 for a 4 year warranty at circuit city - good idea or not ? surf Laptops 13 05-30-2006 12:02 PM
Avoid Circuit City MikeW Abit 22 05-23-2004 08:56 PM
Avoid Circuit City MikeW Asus 71 05-23-2004 07:08 AM
Circuit city warranty and laptop dashal Compaq 3 12-19-2003 02:09 AM