How do I turn on Bluetooth in Media Center Edition

Donna Loudermilk

I have a vaio laptop with wireless and bluetooth. When I try to connect a
bluetooth device I get a "bluetooth not reay" message. I have an icon in my
sys tray for switching between lan and bluetooth, I choose bluetooth and
shut off the wireless LAN. Is there something I need to do in Media Edition
to turn on bluetooth?

How far away from my wireless router should I be when I try to use it?

All help appreciated
Thanks
Donna