How do I underclock a Athlon XP 2800+

AMDRyan

Hi, I have been recently having problems with my computer, but only
with a certain game, I heard that underclocking slightly might fix the
problem, is there anyone that can tell me how to underclock my
computer?

Here are my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
2.08 GHZ
512 MB DDR-SDRAM
Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc nForce2 AGP Controller
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 166MHz (332MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 512MB DDR-SDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 166MHz (332MHz data rate)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : hp mx703 Color Monitor
Adapter : RADEON 9600 SERIES
Adapter : RADEON 9600 SERIES - Secondary

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/AMD-Th...pict57853.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=291921

Wes Newell

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:35:49 -0400, AMDRyan wrote:

> Hi, I have been recently having problems with my computer, but only
> with a certain game, I heard that underclocking slightly might fix the
> problem, is there anyone that can tell me how to underclock my
> computer?

Lower multiplier, or lower FSB speed. Although, I'd try raising vcore a
little first. There's no reason it shouldn't be stable at default speed.

Bob M

AMDRyan wrote:
> Hi, I have been recently having problems with my computer, but only
> with a certain game, I heard that underclocking slightly might fix the
> problem, is there anyone that can tell me how to underclock my
> computer?
>
> Here are my specs:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 2800+
> 2.08 GHZ
> 512 MB DDR-SDRAM
> Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc nForce2 AGP Controller
> Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 166MHz (332MHz data rate)
> Total Memory : 512MB DDR-SDRAM
> Memory Bus Speed : 2x 166MHz (332MHz data rate)
>
> Video System
> Monitor/Panel : hp mx703 Color Monitor
> Adapter : RADEON 9600 SERIES
> Adapter : RADEON 9600 SERIES - Secondary

Which game is it? There are a couple newer games that require updated
video and sound drivers. Make sure you have the current ones. I ran into
this problem with Half Life 2 as well as Call of Duty. At the time I was
trying to play Call of Duty I had a Radeon 9600. I updated video and
sound drivers and the game stopped crashing. With Half Life 2 I was
running a Radeon 9800 Pro which is currently in my system. Also
defragging the hard drive stopped the stuttering in HL2. I know you
didn't mention that problem but thought I'd throw it in there. Good luck.

Underclock a7v880 athlon xp 2800+ ????? Steve Asus 0 05-30-2005 04:36 AM
Underclock an XP-M? George Newton Asus 3 02-28-2005 06:34 PM
underclock prob with a P4C800 deluxe Alban Brument Asus 4 01-22-2005 09:37 AM
A7V333 - XP2400+ underclock + undervoltage KALLE Asus 0 05-30-2004 05:34 PM
Re: Have to UNDERclock to get it working steve MSI 0 08-30-2003 05:52 AM