Does anyone make "normal" beige cases anymore?

Somebody

I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".

Kind of leaning towards the:

Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case

Or the Ark A502-2

Any other ones out there?

Andy

<http://www.directron.com/beigecase.html>

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:01:14 -0800, "Somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
>ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
>carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
>
>Kind of leaning towards the:
>
>Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811190085
>
>Or the Ark A502-2
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811128002
>
>Any other ones out there?

Peder B. Pels

Somebody <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
> ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
> carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
>
> Kind of leaning towards the:
>
> Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
>
> Or the Ark A502-2
>
> Any other ones out there?

Funny you should mention it, the last few years i've been
impulse-shopping in Denmark's "Silicon Alley", where all the PC
retailers are located, I have rarely found PC enclosures of the regular
rectangular shaped, beige/platinum toned plastic. Most of the stuff
today is, if not sheet metal, then various cheap-looking plastic boxes
with lots of bling-bling LED lights and stuff, usually black or silver.

--
regards , Peter B. P. http://titancity.com/blog , http://macplanet.dk
Washington D.C.: District of Criminals

Charlie+

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:01:14 -0800, "Somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote as
underneath my scribble :

Agree with your sentiment - in the UK we seem to have gone for black in a big
way - funerial and boring and dark - yuk !
Charlie

>I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
>ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
>carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
>
>Kind of leaning towards the:
>
>Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811190085
>
>Or the Ark A502-2
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811128002
>
>Any other ones out there?

DaveW

Check out Antec cases at
http://www.antec.com.
Antec is known for the HIGH quality PSU's they manufacture.

--
--DaveW
"Somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:311cj.2883$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
> ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
> carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
>
> Kind of leaning towards the:
>
> Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
>
> Or the Ark A502-2
>
> Any other ones out there?

George Orwell

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:01:14 -0800, "Somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
>ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
>carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".

The two cases you link to are CRAP. I've assembled over 20 systems since
1988. There's nothing worse than having a computer with a bad case and
power supply. Spend some bucks and buy a good case and power supply.

PcToys has lots of cases, maybe they have something for you:

http://www.pctoys.com/

Newegg is another company I've purchased from. I have a Lian Li and Antec
Solo cases. Both have Seasonic power supplies. Very quiet fans and rugged
construction.

https://www.mixmaster.it

Some Guy

Somebody wrote:

> I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower),

The only case harder to get is beige desktop cases.

A couple months ago I had to order more beige desktop cases because
our inventory was running low. The last time I bought some was about
2 years ago (A-open, HX95).

I managed to find a similar beige desktop case from these guys:

http://www.hec-group.com.tw

In fact, their desktop case was exactly the same as the Aopen (only
the front plastic bezel was different).

I still want to know why I can't get a large 4:3 aspect LCD screen.

George Orwell

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:49:28 -0500, Some Guy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I still want to know why I can't get a large 4:3 aspect LCD screen.

What size do you want? The Samsung 204B 20.1" is available in most stores.
Viewsonic and NEC have 21" displays but the price almost doubles for that
extra 1". All of these are 4:3 aspect ratio.

https://www.mixmaster.it

Bill Davidsen

Somebody wrote:
> I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
> ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
> carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
>
> Kind of leaning towards the:
>
> Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
>
> Or the Ark A502-2
>
> Any other ones out there?

One word about all these cute cases, I got my first one to take to give
presentations, complete with glass side, side fan, neon fans, and found
that (a) the side fan makes a small difference in CPU temp on small
systems, and a BIG diff if you pull air in and put an out fan in front
of the drives if you have a box weith lots of drives. and (b) with the
glass side I can actually *see* the CPU fan and be sure it's spinning,
doesn't have a wire draped on it from shipping, etc.

In other words, not all the glitzy stuff is non-functional, I just leave
all or most of the LEDs unpowered, and only the side fan has a light
because it comes that way. I replaced most of the 400w p/s with 500w,
other than that I like these funky cases for function if not form.

--
Bill Davidsen
He was a full-time professional cat, not some moonlighting

Some Guy

George Orwell wrote:

> > I still want to know why I can't get a large 4:3 aspect LCD
> > screen.

> What size do you want? The Samsung 204B 20.1" is available in
> most stores.

I have a Samsung 213T (21") that's about 2 years old.

While the god-damn widescreen monitors are getting bigger, and
dirt-cheap, the 4:3 screens are NOT getting bigger, they are NOT
getting cheaper, and they are generally disappearing.

Can someone explain why the computer industry is trying to kill off
all the 4:3 screens?