Does Dell 1564 laptop hdmi port carry audio?

RnR

Does anyone know from experience if this carries the audio in addition
to the video in or out ? From reading the net seems not but reading
the manual, to me it says yes. I can't test it till tomorrow when I
get my hdmi cables so I was hoping someone can help. The tv has an
hdmi port too. If this port does not, how do you get around it?

Pen

On 8/24/2011 12:03 PM, RnR wrote:
> Does anyone know from experience if this carries the audio in addition
> to the video in or out ? From reading the net seems not but reading
> the manual, to me it says yes. I can't test it till tomorrow when I
> get my hdmi cables so I was hoping someone can help. The tv has an
> hdmi port too. If this port does not, how do you get around it?The Dell docs page 21 clearly state both audio and video are

on the HDMI port.
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...n/sg/sg_en.pdf

RnR

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:14:12 -0400, Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 8/24/2011 12:03 PM, RnR wrote:
>> Does anyone know from experience if this carries the audio in addition
>> to the video in or out ? From reading the net seems not but reading
>> the manual, to me it says yes. I can't test it till tomorrow when I
>> get my hdmi cables so I was hoping someone can help. The tv has an
>> hdmi port too. If this port does not, how do you get around it?The Dell docs page 21 clearly state both audio and video are

>on the HDMI port.
>http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...n/sg/sg_en.pdf

I already d/l'd it last nite (and the technology guide and detailed
specs) and read it. It seems to conflict with others on the net but I
was not sure they had 1564's. Hence I wanted a 1564 user here to
verify. Of course if I wait till tomorrow or so, I should be able to
answer this myself. I guess I'm just getting ahead of myself
Thanks anyway.