Does the Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 not unlock the CPU...?

Morgan

Hello

Just installed a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 and all seems fine except...

With my Abit NF7-S it will unlock the CPU (I only assume this is the
problem) and allow me to use all the multipliers.

But the Gigabyte board does not allow through the bios, can't find it (CTRL
and F1 reveals nothing), or through Easytune4, any multiplier adjustment.

So can anyone confirm please if the Gigabyte board does not unlock a locked
CPU or am I missing something here...?

Thanks for any help

--
Regards

Morgan

Roy Zurowski

The multiplier settings are done by dip switches on the motherboard, See
page 14 in your manual. It helps if you read it all the way through.
Advanced settings are "Control F1" at the opening bios screen.

"Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjd804$pji$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> Just installed a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 and all seems fine except...
>
> With my Abit NF7-S it will unlock the CPU (I only assume this is the
> problem) and allow me to use all the multipliers.
>
> But the Gigabyte board does not allow through the bios, can't find it

(CTRL
> and F1 reveals nothing), or through Easytune4, any multiplier adjustment.
>
> So can anyone confirm please if the Gigabyte board does not unlock a

locked
> CPU or am I missing something here...?
>
> Thanks for any help
>

> --
> Regards
>
> Morgan

Morgan

> The multiplier settings are done by dip switches on the motherboard, See
> page 14 in your manual. It helps if you read it all the way through.
> Advanced settings are "Control F1" at the opening bios screen.

Thank you for that. I have now read that section but I think what confused
me was this....

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-167-3.htm

(bottom screenshot)

I assumed, maybe wrongly, that there would be a multiplier adjustment
possible through the bios as shown on the above board. Albeit not the Pro2.
Or even through the Easytune4.

I have now set the dips for 10x and it boots fine at 10x200.

Thanks again for your response, I appreciate your help.

The whole package that this board come with is superb value for money

--
Regards

Morgan