Does this make sense?

bullseye

An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning my
disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.

Any thoughts on this?

PC Medic

"bullseye" <bullseye35@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ffNtc.64820$(E-Mail Removed)...

> An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
> performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
> prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
> much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning

my
> disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

My thoughts are this Dell Support Person (will not call this clown a tech),
doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground.
Continue with your regularly scheduled system maintenance.

Brian

bullseye <bullseye35@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
> performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
> prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
> much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning my
> disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.

> Any thoughts on this?

Prematurely? Are you sure this isn't the Linux advocacy group?

Stefan Parsons

At least you got an idiot from Texas who speaks English instead of the
typical Dell idiot from India.
"PC Medic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "bullseye" <bullseye35@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ffNtc.64820$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised

against
> > performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
> > prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as

too
> > much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and

scanning
> my
> > disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.
> >
> > Any thoughts on this?
> >

> My thoughts are this Dell Support Person (will not call this clown a

tech),
> doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground.
> Continue with your regularly scheduled system maintenance.

Bill

On 28 May 2004 21:50:53 GMT, Brian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Prematurely? Are you sure this isn't the Linux advocacy group?

Took me a moment, then I got it. Thanks for lightening my evening.

snoopy

"bullseye" <bullseye35@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ffNtc.64820$(E-Mail Removed)...

> An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
> performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
> prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
> much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning

my
> disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

Frequency would depend on usage IMO. Once a month is probably sufficient
but will once a week kill Windows? Highly unikely IMO. If it corrupts
Windows then Windows is even shittier than we all suspected!