What does my old SB Live! Platinum support for EAX version?

ANTant@zimage.com

I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.

Thank you in advance.
--
"Everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant." --Motto of FTL
Foundation (in Isaac Asimov book)
| |o o| | E-mail: (E-Mail Removed)NT or (E-Mail Removed)NT
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
( )

JumpKick feels gravitybound

<(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
> not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
> sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
> Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.
>
> Thank you in advance.

EAX 3= audigy only

I don't know what you're card supports- had a look at the creative website
already?

euope.creative.com

Blonks

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:46:50 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
>not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
>sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
>Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.
>
>Thank you in advance.

EAX 1.0 AFAIK. The newer 5.1 cards do 2.0

ANTant@zimage.com

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.games JumpKick feels gravitybound <*antispam*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
> > not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
> > sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
> > Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.

> EAX 3= audigy only

> I don't know what you're card supports- had a look at the creative website
> already?

Yes, but I cannot find the version information.
--

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.games Blonks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:46:50 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >I have an old Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Platinum (LiveDrive
> >not installed) from early year 2000. Can I use EAX 3.0 with my old
> >sound card? If not, then how high can I go for EAX support? I am using
> >Windows XP Professional SP1 with all updates and the latest drivers.
> >
> >Thank you in advance.

> EAX 1.0 AFAIK. The newer 5.1 cards do 2.0

Rats. Thanks. I have the older one before 5.1 existed.

EAX support? Andy Asus 2 04-25-2004 11:23 PM
Realtek ALC658 and EAX support Orhan Gigabyte 8 01-21-2004 08:09 PM