dos driver for SB PCI512

Matthias

Hi !
I can't get that sound card to work under DOS. I have a Pentium with
Win2K installed. I downloaded a dos driver from drivernet.com. But
when I try to set up the driver via "sbeset" I get error msg like :
"Cannot support BIOS extended features.". Some of the exes complaint
about a missing env variable ?

Any clue what I am doing wrong ?

Thanx,
Matthias

Vellu

I don't think 'true DOS' drivers even exist (nor do you have 'true DOS' even
installed, since you have W2K)

Why don't you try a program called VDMSound, it provides full sound support
for DOS-box games despite what soundcard you have. Get it here:
http://ntvdm.cjb.net/

VDMSound works on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. And is free
to use.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...