DP35DP Memory Problem

Diederick

Dear All,

Just yesterday I got my DP35DP board (BOXDP35DPM to be exact). I also
got the Q9450 and 2 times 2GB Kingston KVR800D2N5/2G (rated for 1.8V,
5-5-5 timings). I load the modules in both the blue banks (so one in
DIMM 0, Channel A, and one in DIMM 0, Channel B).
When I turn on my machine, i immediately get 3 beeps, which according
to the manual means that no memory was detected. Same problem when i
try either one of the modules singly in DIMM 0, Channel A.

According to the technical documents, by board, with AA number AA
D81073-208 ships with BIOS rev. 0407, while the intel website says i
require minimum rev. 0413 (http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/
SearchResult.aspx?ProcNbr=Q9450&BoardName=DP35DP). Could this be the
reason that my machine won't POST? I don't have any other memory lying
around to be able to test this, nor do i have an older 775 cpu...

Thanks for any help/advice/pointers,
Diederick

Frank Pajerski

My DP35DP board arrived Aug2007 at the AA D81073-205, BIOS 216 level. I
installed Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/2G memory ... two 1GB modules ... and am
still using this memory error-free. The processor installed was an Intel
E6400.

Is your problem processor-related rather than memory-related?

--- Frank

"Diederick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear All,
>
> Just yesterday I got my DP35DP board (BOXDP35DPM to be exact). I also
> got the Q9450 and 2 times 2GB Kingston KVR800D2N5/2G (rated for 1.8V,
> 5-5-5 timings). I load the modules in both the blue banks (so one in
> DIMM 0, Channel A, and one in DIMM 0, Channel B).
> When I turn on my machine, i immediately get 3 beeps, which according
> to the manual means that no memory was detected. Same problem when i
> try either one of the modules singly in DIMM 0, Channel A.
>
> According to the technical documents, by board, with AA number AA
> D81073-208 ships with BIOS rev. 0407, while the intel website says i
> require minimum rev. 0413 (http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/
> SearchResult.aspx?ProcNbr=Q9450&BoardName=DP35DP). Could this be the
> reason that my machine won't POST? I don't have any other memory lying
> around to be able to test this, nor do i have an older 775 cpu...
>
> Thanks for any help/advice/pointers,
> Diederick

Diederick

Dear Frank,

Thank you for your reply. It turned out my motherboard had to be
RMA'd. For other users: I could install windows XP with no problems
although i did experience some freezes in Windows. Hope this might
help someone later.

Diederick