egorjohnson@yahoo.com

Hi, I've got a DP35DP motherboard, with Q6700 Quad, The OS install all
as expected but computer will not shut down, I've tried Vista, XP,
Ubuntu. It shuts down as you'd expected, but about 3 seconds later it
just restarts again. I wonder if anyone could suggest anything that I
might have set wrong. It's driving me mad. Thanks for any help. Andy

Bill Davidsen

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi, I've got a DP35DP motherboard, with Q6700 Quad, The OS install all
> as expected but computer will not shut down, I've tried Vista, XP,
> Ubuntu. It shuts down as you'd expected, but about 3 seconds later it
> just restarts again. I wonder if anyone could suggest anything that I
> might have set wrong. It's driving me mad. Thanks for any help. Andy

There are three common causes:
1 - power supply lacks a signal to shut down. Look for the signal jumper
wires from the p/s connected incorrectly to the header. Usually the
jumper header with the reset and other connectors, with lots of wires in
a hard-to-see spot.

2 - BIOS misconfigured in some way, try Ubuntu with the 'noacpi' boot
option. ACPI is usually the cause there.

3 - BIOS is broken in some way and just isn't telling the p/s to quit.
If quad core was added to a dual core BIOS this is more likely, although
last choice for anything "common."

I'd concentrate on #2, see the BIOS setting for what to do if power
drops and comes back on, if you have it set to "ON" in some cases it
will power up after shutdown.

--
Bill Davidsen
He was a full-time professional cat, not some moonlighting

RAID Setup and DP35DP? Justin Intel 7 12-16-2008 10:24 AM
DP35DP Audio driver problem ugar Intel 5 02-05-2008 01:34 AM
Help! Conroe/DP35DP at half-speed roberto Intel 0 01-03-2008 07:27 PM
Intel DP35DP won't load BIOS josh@jdsitehosting.com Intel 4 09-18-2007 09:15 PM