Dragon Plus, Ultra Promise, and BIOS

Jon Danniken

Howdy,

My friend has a Dragon Plus running the BIOS version 2ba2. The problem is a
number of issues with using the IDE 3/4 on the Ultra Promise controller.

I notice on the SOYO site that they have a number of BIOS releases more current
than the 2ba2, but they do not specify what improvements have been made with
those.

Does anyone know which (if any) of the BIOS releases address issues with the
Ultra Promise IDE controller?

Thanks for any information you are able to provide.

Jon

acajka

"Jon Danniken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bpod3d$1ovcih$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> Howdy,
>
> My friend has a Dragon Plus running the BIOS version 2ba2. The problem is a
> number of issues with using the IDE 3/4 on the Ultra Promise controller.
>
> I notice on the SOYO site that they have a number of BIOS releases more current
> than the 2ba2, but they do not specify what improvements have been made with
> those.
>
> Does anyone know which (if any) of the BIOS releases address issues with the
> Ultra Promise IDE controller?
>
> Thanks for any information you are able to provide.
>
> Jon

Bios version 2BA6 updates the Promise controller bios to version 2.00

Andy

Jon Danniken

"acajka" wrote:
> "Jon Danniken" wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > My friend has a Dragon Plus running the BIOS version 2ba2. The problem is a
> > number of issues with using the IDE 3/4 on the Ultra Promise controller.
> >
> > I notice on the SOYO site that they have a number of BIOS releases more

current
> > than the 2ba2, but they do not specify what improvements have been made with
> > those.
> >
> > Does anyone know which (if any) of the BIOS releases address issues with the
> > Ultra Promise IDE controller?

> Bios version 2BA6 updates the Promise controller bios to version 2.00
>
> Andy

Thanks for that, Andy. For some reason I didn't see the descriptions the first
time I looked at the updates. Much appreciated.

Jon