is this drive motor bad?

Martin Williams

This post is related to my earlier post regarding the hard drive that shuts
my system down when I try to fire it up. I took a picture of the underneath
of the drive motor. I'm not sure if it's a burn mark or what. Could anyone
take a look at the picture and give me a confirmation of whether this is
normal or not. Thanks for all responses.

You can view the picture here:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/martyw...drivemotor.jpg

Dee

Martin Williams wrote:
> This post is related to my earlier post regarding the hard drive that shuts
> my system down when I try to fire it up. I took a picture of the underneath
> of the drive motor. I'm not sure if it's a burn mark or what. Could anyone
> take a look at the picture and give me a confirmation of whether this is
> normal or not. Thanks for all responses.
>
> You can view the picture here:
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/martyw...drivemotor.jpg

Offhand it doesn't look normal. But, without seeing the drive before
you started having problems it's not definite. What you're showing
could be excess resin from the core of the solder instead of being burnt!