driver disc fails?

MacDaddy

I have the ATI Radeon 9800 non pro Sapphire Catalyst Driver disc, and for
some reason my functioning DVD drive is rejecting it. It'll spin up a little
bit, but never seems to be able to read it properly. Anyone have a clue
whats going on here?

oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.

tia.

J.Clarke

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:32:32 GMT
"MacDaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have the ATI Radeon 9800 non pro Sapphire Catalyst Driver disc, and
> for some reason my functioning DVD drive is rejecting it. It'll spin
> up a little bit, but never seems to be able to read it properly.
> Anyone have a clue whats going on here?
>
> oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.

Could be something odd about the CD--one motherboard manufacturer
shipped a bunch of CDs that wouldn't read in Plextor 12/10/32
drives--tried several of the CDs in several drives with the same
problem, but they worked fine in every other model of drive I tried and
the CD with the next release of drivers read fine.

If you've got a different drive that will read it and a CD burner then
try copying it and it should go fine.

Of course there's also the possibility that you just have a defective
CD--does happen once in a while.

> tia.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Tim

I don't suppose you have another computer you'd be able to do a test read with?
Like inserting the CD in it and just performing a copy & paste to a folder on
the other computer (just to make sure the files can be read). If so, then it's
probably your dvd drive (perhaps needs to be cleaned?). If it's a laser read
error, I'm not at all sure how that can be fixed outside of RMA thru the
manufacturer of the drive.

But in the meantime, in lieu of accessing the disc, you can download the latest
drivers from their website:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/downloads/downloads.asp

"MacDaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kK4cb.143$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the ATI Radeon 9800 non pro Sapphire Catalyst Driver disc, and for
> some reason my functioning DVD drive is rejecting it. It'll spin up a little
> bit, but never seems to be able to read it properly. Anyone have a clue
> whats going on here?
>
> oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.
>
> tia.

bandit

COULD BE A BAD CD if you just got the card call them and they will
send you a new one i had this problem one time and there was nothing
wrong with my drive cause every one of my other cds worked just fine
it was the cd that was bad

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:32:32 GMT, "MacDaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have the ATI Radeon 9800 non pro Sapphire Catalyst Driver disc, and for
>some reason my functioning DVD drive is rejecting it. It'll spin up a little
>bit, but never seems to be able to read it properly. Anyone have a clue
>whats going on here?
>
>oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.
>
>tia.

MacDaddy

thanks for help guys, i guess it is more of an annoyance than a major
problem i was able to get drivers...but when you linked me to the sapphire
site it probed the question of whether or not these drivers are different
from regular ATI catalyst drivers?

"bandit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> COULD BE A BAD CD if you just got the card call them and they will
> send you a new one i had this problem one time and there was nothing
> wrong with my drive cause every one of my other cds worked just fine
> it was the cd that was bad
>
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:32:32 GMT, "MacDaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I have the ATI Radeon 9800 non pro Sapphire Catalyst Driver disc, and for
> >some reason my functioning DVD drive is rejecting it. It'll spin up a

little
> >bit, but never seems to be able to read it properly. Anyone have a clue
> >whats going on here?
> >
> >oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.
> >
> >tia.

patrickp

"MacDaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kK4cb.143$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the ATI Radeon 9800 non pro Sapphire Catalyst Driver disc, and for
> some reason my functioning DVD drive is rejecting it. It'll spin up a

little
> bit, but never seems to be able to read it properly. Anyone have a clue
> whats going on here?
>
> oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.
>
> tia.

I had an Ati CD that would only run about once in 5 tries a couple of years
ago - this was when ATi were still distributing in Europe. Just contacted
support, told them it wouldn't run at all and they sent me another one.

patrickp

HELP--Can't get iDVD to burn a disc--"not a usable disc" message Jim Apple 2 10-10-2009 03:42 AM
ga-73pvm-s2 driver disc? Jim E Gigabyte 6 06-19-2009 01:19 PM
Asus M2N4-SLI driver disc tim Asus 2 03-25-2008 04:34 PM
865pe Neo2 P driver disc Jim E MSI 7 03-20-2007 12:38 AM
?: upgrade disc #1, full-install disc #1 mz Apple 3 01-27-2004 09:03 AM