Drivers for Aztech AT6800 modem fow Win XP

ss454_@hotmail.com

Hi

I posted this yesterday but I must have messed up...it did not
seem to take. I'll try again.

I have Windows XP and installed it on an old PB Synera 200 All
in One computer. I realize it is slow and impractical, but I just
wanted to see if it could work. It worked fine, but the modem did not
take. The sound aspect works fine though. The modem is the Aztech
AT6800 modem sound card combo. Does anybody have the drivers or know
where I can get them for Windows XP?.. I realizre that it will be very
sluggish. It's just 233 mhz and only has 128 meg memory.. I just wanted
to see if it can/could be done.

OK that's it.

Thanks

Bill

RRR_News

It looks like you will need a new modem that is XP compatible, it appears that
the drivers available are for W95 & W98.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
Hi

I posted this yesterday but I must have messed up...it did not
seem to take. I'll try again.

I have Windows XP and installed it on an old PB Synera 200 All
in One computer. I realize it is slow and impractical, but I just
wanted to see if it could work. It worked fine, but the modem did not
take. The sound aspect works fine though. The modem is the Aztech
AT6800 modem sound card combo. Does anybody have the drivers or know
where I can get them for Windows XP?.. I realizre that it will be very
sluggish. It's just 233 mhz and only has 128 meg memory.. I just wanted
to see if it can/could be done.

OK that's it.

Thanks

Bill

Ben Myers

If the modem is an ISA modem, forget about it for XP unless it is one of the
old-style modems, not a Winmdem.

If the modem is a PCI modem, determine the modem chipset on the card, and try to
find XP drivers for the modem chipset at the chipset manufacturer's web site.
If there are no drivers available, simply get another PCI modem. They are very
inexpensive... Ben Myers

On 26 Nov 2005 02:54:51 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi
>
> I posted this yesterday but I must have messed up...it did not
>seem to take. I'll try again.
>
> I have Windows XP and installed it on an old PB Synera 200 All
>in One computer. I realize it is slow and impractical, but I just
>wanted to see if it could work. It worked fine, but the modem did not
>take. The sound aspect works fine though. The modem is the Aztech
>AT6800 modem sound card combo. Does anybody have the drivers or know
>where I can get them for Windows XP?.. I realizre that it will be very
>sluggish. It's just 233 mhz and only has 128 meg memory.. I just wanted
>to see if it can/could be done.
>
>OK that's it.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bill

metronid

Ben I am just using the memory that god gave me.
Either he has taken some back or I must have lost some along the way.

I was selling 33.6 modem/sound cards on Ebay about a year or so ago
I think I also had the AT6800

If my memory serves me correctly ,Windows 2000 PROFESSIONAL (the pre XP )
found the drivers for it
without any problem.
I believe the At6800 was just a little different than the others I had at
that time except
for some added jumpers.
I think.

Then again I may have had Windows XP at that time
I have used 2000 and XP and 98 all at the same time around the time I had
the
modem.

I am still trying to figure out if XP is that must better if I exclude the
added drivers and other
thig-a-ma jigs then I am not really sure.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If the modem is an ISA modem, forget about it for XP unless it is one of
> the
> old-style modems, not a Winmdem.
>
> If the modem is a PCI modem, determine the modem chipset on the card, and
> try to
> find XP drivers for the modem chipset at the chipset manufacturer's web
> site.
> If there are no drivers available, simply get another PCI modem. They are
> very
> inexpensive... Ben Myers
>
> On 26 Nov 2005 02:54:51 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>> I posted this yesterday but I must have messed up...it did not
>>seem to take. I'll try again.
>>
>> I have Windows XP and installed it on an old PB Synera 200 All
>>in One computer. I realize it is slow and impractical, but I just
>>wanted to see if it could work. It worked fine, but the modem did not
>>take. The sound aspect works fine though. The modem is the Aztech
>>AT6800 modem sound card combo. Does anybody have the drivers or know
>>where I can get them for Windows XP?.. I realizre that it will be very
>>sluggish. It's just 233 mhz and only has 128 meg memory.. I just wanted
>>to see if it can/could be done.
>>
>>OK that's it.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Bill

mdp

I posted a link below at soundcard-drivers but registering is a bit of a
hassle. Here's a link that's free:

http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/drv_addon.html