Drivers needed for PCMCIA slot; IBM T20; WIn 2000

L Mehl

Hello --

My PCMCIA slot died.

IBM support site
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...id=MIGR-4JSQHB
says drivers for
PC Card/PCMCIA T20
Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP: Included with operating system

Can anyone tell me the driver filenames for the PCMCIA slot so I can find
them on the distribution CD?

If anyone knows how to get a PCMCIA slot working again I would appreciate
your sharing that information.

Thanks for any help.

Larry Mehl

* * Chas

"L Mehl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9Nwgf.23758$(E-Mail Removed) et...
| Hello --
|
| My PCMCIA slot died.
|
| IBM support site

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...ocid=MIGR-4JSQ
HB
| says drivers for
| PC Card/PCMCIA T20
| Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP: Included with operating system
|
| Can anyone tell me the driver filenames for the PCMCIA slot so I can
find
| them on the distribution CD?
|
| If anyone knows how to get a PCMCIA slot working again I would
appreciate
| your sharing that information.
|
| Thanks for any help.
|
| Larry Mehl

Does PCMCIA Adapter show up in the Device Manager? If so, it should
have 2 entries for Texas Instruments PCI-1540 CardBus Controller.

If these appear, you can try deleting them and restarting your T20 and
let the OS find them and reinstall the drivers that are part of the
Win2K.

Chas.

GomJabbar

An experience of mine:
On a 600E that I had, one of my PCMCIA slots died, while the other
worked fine. Even a complete fresh install of the operating system did
not fix it. Yet no errors showed up in Device Manager or System
Diagnostics. It's just that one of the card slots would no longer work.

L Mehl

Thanks Gom.

Larry

"GomJabbar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> An experience of mine:
> On a 600E that I had, one of my PCMCIA slots died, while the other
> worked fine. Even a complete fresh install of the operating system did
> not fix it. Yet no errors showed up in Device Manager or System
> Diagnostics. It's just that one of the card slots would no longer work.

L Mehl

Chas --

Thanks for writing.

The PCMCIA Adapter showed up in the Device Manager with 2 entries for Texas
Instruments PCI-1540 CardBus Controller.
Deleting and restarting seemed to go OK ... no errors were seen when Win2000
found the device and said it was installing the drivers (automatically found
on my hard drive).

Problem:
Exclamation points again show in yellow in Device Manager.

Device Manager > Properties > General tab Device status is:
"... not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required
for this device (Code 31)."
Clicking Troubleshooter tells me this about Code 31
"This device depends on another device that is not functioning correctly."

Is my next step to find out which device is the one that the PCMCIA slot
depends on?

If so, can you tell me how to do this?

If not, is there a way to find out why Win2000 can't install the driver?

Thanks for any further help.

Larry

> If these appear, you can try deleting them and restarting your T20 and
> let the OS find them and reinstall the drivers

"* * Chas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "L Mehl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9Nwgf.23758$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> | Hello --
> |
> | My PCMCIA slot died.
> |
> | IBM support site
> |
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...ocid=MIGR-4JSQ
> HB
> | says drivers for
> | PC Card/PCMCIA T20
> | Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP: Included with operating system
> |
> | Can anyone tell me the driver filenames for the PCMCIA slot so I can
> find
> | them on the distribution CD?
> |
> | If anyone knows how to get a PCMCIA slot working again I would
> appreciate
> | your sharing that information.
> |
> | Thanks for any help.
> |
> | Larry Mehl
> |

> Does PCMCIA Adapter show up in the Device Manager? If so, it should
> have 2 entries for Texas Instruments PCI-1540 CardBus Controller.
>
> If these appear, you can try deleting them and restarting your T20 and
> let the OS find them and reinstall the drivers that are part of the
> Win2K.
>
> Chas.

Quaoar

L Mehl wrote:
> Chas --
>
> Thanks for writing.
>
> The PCMCIA Adapter showed up in the Device Manager with 2 entries for Texas
> Instruments PCI-1540 CardBus Controller.
> Deleting and restarting seemed to go OK ... no errors were seen when Win2000
> found the device and said it was installing the drivers (automatically found
> on my hard drive).
>
> Problem:
> Exclamation points again show in yellow in Device Manager.
>
> Device Manager > Properties > General tab Device status is:
> "... not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required
> for this device (Code 31)."
> Clicking Troubleshooter tells me this about Code 31
> "This device depends on another device that is not functioning correctly."
>
> Is my next step to find out which device is the one that the PCMCIA slot
> depends on?
>
> If so, can you tell me how to do this?
>
> If not, is there a way to find out why Win2000 can't install the driver?
>
> Thanks for any further help.
>
> Larry
>

>> If these appear, you can try deleting them and restarting your T20 and
>> let the OS find them and reinstall the drivers

> "* * Chas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "L Mehl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:9Nwgf.23758$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> | Hello --
>> |
>> | My PCMCIA slot died.
>> |
>> | IBM support site
>> |
>> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...ocid=MIGR-4JSQ
>> HB
>> | says drivers for
>> | PC Card/PCMCIA T20
>> | Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP: Included with operating system
>> |
>> | Can anyone tell me the driver filenames for the PCMCIA slot so I can
>> find
>> | them on the distribution CD?
>> |
>> | If anyone knows how to get a PCMCIA slot working again I would
>> appreciate
>> | your sharing that information.
>> |
>> | Thanks for any help.
>> |
>> | Larry Mehl
>> |

>> Does PCMCIA Adapter show up in the Device Manager? If so, it should
>> have 2 entries for Texas Instruments PCI-1540 CardBus Controller.
>>
>> If these appear, you can try deleting them and restarting your T20 and
>> let the OS find them and reinstall the drivers that are part of the
>> Win2K.
>>
>> Chas.

will see that for Intel CPU the next higher device is the PCI Bridge.
Perhaps you should reinstall the chipset drivers.

L Mehl

Qu --

Thanks for writing.

The View Devices by Connection tree shows
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
below that is Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
below that is PCI bus (not "Bridge")
below that are the two TI PCI-1450 entries (along with other
devices).

Is it the chipset drivers for "PCI bus" that you suggest I reinstall? I
want to understand more about this before I do a reinstall at this level.

The other devices under PCI bus are working OK (sound, USB, AGP, and, I
assume, the remaining ones). Is it possible for them to be working and the
PCI-1450 not to be working, with all of them connecting to the same device
(the PCI bus)?

I will appreciate any more information to help me understand the
relationships.

Larry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

L Mehl wrote:
> Qu --
>
> Thanks for writing.
>
> The View Devices by Connection tree shows
> Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
> below that is Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
> below that is PCI bus (not "Bridge")
> below that are the two TI PCI-1450 entries (along with other
> devices).
>
> Is it the chipset drivers for "PCI bus" that you suggest I reinstall? I
> want to understand more about this before I do a reinstall at this level.
>
> The other devices under PCI bus are working OK (sound, USB, AGP, and, I
> assume, the remaining ones). Is it possible for them to be working and the
> PCI-1450 not to be working, with all of them connecting to the same device
> (the PCI bus)?
>
> I will appreciate any more information to help me understand the
> relationships.
>
> Larry
>

> "Quaoar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> L Mehl wrote:
>>> Chas --
>>>
>>> Thanks for writing.
>>>
>>> The PCMCIA Adapter showed up in the Device Manager with 2 entries for

> Texas
>>> Instruments PCI-1540 CardBus Controller.
>>> Deleting and restarting seemed to go OK ... no errors were seen when

> Win2000
>>> found the device and said it was installing the drivers (automatically

> found
>>> on my hard drive).
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>> Exclamation points again show in yellow in Device Manager.
>>>
>>> Device Manager > Properties > General tab Device status is:
>>> "... not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers

> required
>>> for this device (Code 31)."
>>> Clicking Troubleshooter tells me this about Code 31
>>> "This device depends on another device that is not functioning

> correctly."
>>> Is my next step to find out which device is the one that the PCMCIA slot
>>> depends on?
>>>
>>> If so, can you tell me how to do this?
>>>
>>> If not, is there a way to find out why Win2000 can't install the driver?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any further help.
>>>
>>> Larry

>>> "* * Chas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...ocid=MIGR-4JSQ

>> will see that for Intel CPU the next higher device is the PCI Bridge.
>> Perhaps you should reinstall the chipset drivers.

www.lenovo.com go to the support pages for the t20. There is a win2k
supplemental driver update that applies to the TI pc-card slot. Perhaps
that will help.

L Mehl

Qu -

Thanks. It served as a reminder. I used that feature under the IBM name a
year ago. It found 10 updates. If that driver is not among them, I will
look for the driver you mention.

Larry

"Quaoar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> L Mehl wrote:
> > Qu --
> >
> > Thanks for writing.
> >
> > The View Devices by Connection tree shows
> > Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
> > below that is Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
> > below that is PCI bus (not "Bridge")
> > below that are the two TI PCI-1450 entries (along with other
> > devices).
> >
> > Is it the chipset drivers for "PCI bus" that you suggest I reinstall? I
> > want to understand more about this before I do a reinstall at this

level.

> > The other devices under PCI bus are working OK (sound, USB, AGP, and, I
> > assume, the remaining ones). Is it possible for them to be working and

the
> > PCI-1450 not to be working, with all of them connecting to the same

device
> > (the PCI bus)?
> >
> > I will appreciate any more information to help me understand the
> > relationships.
> >
> > Larry
> >

> > "Quaoar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Texas

> > Win2000

> > found

> > required

> > correctly."

slot

driver?

and

> > http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...ocid=MIGR-4JSQ

can

and

you
> >> will see that for Intel CPU the next higher device is the PCI Bridge.
> >> Perhaps you should reinstall the chipset drivers.

> www.lenovo.com go to the support pages for the t20. There is a win2k
> supplemental driver update that applies to the TI pc-card slot. Perhaps
> that will help.

L Mehl

Qu -

Thanks. Is this the page you suggested?
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...d.do?validate=
true

Searching for "tex", "TI", "PCMCIA" I could not find anything.

Can you help me find the file you saw?

Larry

"Quaoar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> L Mehl wrote:
> > Qu --
> >
> > Thanks for writing.
> >
> > The View Devices by Connection tree shows
> > Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
> > below that is Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
> > below that is PCI bus (not "Bridge")
> > below that are the two TI PCI-1450 entries (along with other
> > devices).
> >
> > Is it the chipset drivers for "PCI bus" that you suggest I reinstall? I
> > want to understand more about this before I do a reinstall at this

level.

> > The other devices under PCI bus are working OK (sound, USB, AGP, and, I
> > assume, the remaining ones). Is it possible for them to be working and

the
> > PCI-1450 not to be working, with all of them connecting to the same

device
> > (the PCI bus)?
> >
> > I will appreciate any more information to help me understand the
> > relationships.
> >
> > Larry
> >

> > "Quaoar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Texas

> > Win2000

> > found