Tim

Started with xp. Formatted and installed vista. Reformatted with vista into
2 partitions, C: and G:. Installed vista on G and xp on C. BIOS will only
show C: Windows(xp). How do I get the BIOS to give me the option for vista?
Nothing but updates in vista, but xp is reloaded with programs. I don't want
to reinstall xp again, though it won't kill me.

Tom Clydesdale

I'm not familiar with vista but would like to suggest a reinstall of vista
with xp already installed. I know that XP will only install on C: and
apparantly vista will install elsewhere (you were able to put it on G
therefor the reinstall suggestion and looking for a dual boot option in the
vista install.

This situation is very similar to a WinXP/Linux dual boot install where
WinXP will overlay anything in the boot sector while Linux will permit
selection of dual boot by moving XP's sector to a different location and
creating a new boot sector with switching options.

Good luck - Windows (Microsoft) has a reputation for disallowing or not
recognizing any others and apparantly it is now coming home to bite them!

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45c34a08$0$16322$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Started with xp. Formatted and installed vista. Reformatted with vista
> into 2 partitions, C: and G:. Installed vista on G and xp on C. BIOS will
> only show C: Windows(xp). How do I get the BIOS to give me the option for
> vista? Nothing but updates in vista, but xp is reloaded with programs. I
> don't want to reinstall xp again, though it won't kill me.
>

> --

Tim

It worked! I now have a choice of 'Earlier version of windows' or 'Microsoft
windows Vista'

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..