Dual Channel RAM on FIC AU13?

deefault

Hello!

I have a question for the members of this NG. I've recently installed
an AU13 (with an Athlon XP 1700+, 512MB Centon RAM x2, 500W power
supply, WD 80GB HD, 52X CD-ROM) and while adjusting the settings to
overclock, I realized that Dual-Channel RAM doesn't seem to be active.
I've placed these components into other NForce2 motherboards and
Dual-Channel DOES seem to work.

Question: Does the AU13 acknowledge whether Dual-Channel is active?
Other boards, like the Aopen MK79G-N flash a message like "Dual
Channel Active" during the POST screen. My AU13 doesn't. Does such a
message exist on the AU13?

The more irritating issue seems to be with benchmarks. They (SiSoft
Sandra, etc...) all indicate a 64 bit pathway. I thought the big
point about dual-channel was a 128 pathway. (Yes, I know that this
only results in a 2-20% improvement in performance, depending on the
yardstick used). I guess this means dual channel isn't working. Any
hints?

Alex Zorrilla

You will notice that at one of the DIMM slots is away from the other two.
Make sure that one of the DIMMs is installed in this slot.

Also, I have noticed with my Epox nForce2 board that the earlier BIOS
versions did not have a "Dual Channel Active" message, even when it was.
This message was added in later BIOS versions.

--Alex