Dual core Mobo's

BH2

Hi guys,
do the normal Mobo's support dual core athlons.. I have an epox 9nda3J Mobo,
will this support a dual core athlon. thanks for yur advice
Regards
Bob

Steffen Moser

Hi Bob,

On 08/09/2006 01:28 PM, BH2 wrote:
> do the normal Mobo's support dual core athlons.. I have an epox 9nda3J Mobo,
> will this support a dual core athlon. thanks for yur advice

I'm quite sure that you can use any "AMD Athlon64 X2" (dual core)
socket 939 processor within your main board. You can also have a
look at the site where EPOX offers the BIOS updates for your board:

http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/support.php?ps=323&type=1

As you can see, the BIOS version "05.10.14" adds support for dual
core CPUs. That means it would make sense to upgrade to the lastest
BIOS version (if not already done) before putting a dual core CPU
into this board (to make sure that the CPU is recognized correctly).

I've got two EPOX "9NPA+ Ultra" mainboards and one of them is used
together with a dual core Athlon64 without any problems.

HTH!

Best regards,
Steffen

BH2

Thanks Steffen for you help
Regards
Bob
news:44d9fc19$0$1398$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...