Dual Processor Problem PIIIDRE

Travno9

Hello, All!
I've got a PIIIDRE and recently installed the windows XP OS.
I then added second PIII 933mhz processor.
reinstalled the OS to force a multiprocessor HAL.
The processor shows up on the board bios under the peripheral section and
monitors the temp, core voltage, and fan speed.
The OS shows a acpi multiprocessor HAL is installed.
BUT
The OS and the registry show only one processor.
I'm thinking I have to do a clean install to re-enumerate the hardware and
build a registry that recognizes the second processor.
Anyone had any experience with this issue??
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

bob

Travno9

The problem is resolved, the secondary ATX power supply connector was
loose, after re-securing it the second processor showed up and is running.