dual view option missing in nvidia display panel, pls help

necrius

it used to be there, i swear!

now there is no dual or clone options. i have a tv set as a second
monitor. i CAN swap the entire desktop to the tv still for some reason,
but do nothing more than this.

any ideas?

Ludas

Newest Nvidia Drivers should have a tick box under tools menu to force TV
detection.

"necrius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rxvZe.4420$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> it used to be there, i swear!
>
> now there is no dual or clone options. i have a tv set as a second
> monitor. i CAN swap the entire desktop to the tv still for some reason,
> but do nothing more than this.
>
> any ideas?

necrius

Thanks Ludas,

I ticked that and it does appear ticked now when I boot, but it's made
no difference. I tried this the other evening. It's still ticked.

I'm really tearing my hair out over this, I can't view my media in the
way I want to!

Ludas wrote:
> Newest Nvidia Drivers should have a tick box under tools menu to force TV
> detection.
>

> "necrius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rxvZe.4420$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>>it used to be there, i swear!
>>
>>now there is no dual or clone options. i have a tv set as a second
>>monitor. i CAN swap the entire desktop to the tv still for some reason,
>>but do nothing more than this.
>>
>>any ideas?

Brian Kraft

Ludas wrote:

>Newest Nvidia Drivers should have a tick box under tools menu to force TV
>detection.

I had two selectable DualView modes: One with the external monitor at
the bottom, and the other with the external monitor at the top. When
I selected the latter, the computer would boot with the desktop
appearing on the external monitor by default. Then I changed drivers
and now there is only one DualView mode: External monitor at bottom.
Is there anything I can do with this driver to get two DualView modes?

Spack

necrius wrote on Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:07:03 GMT:

> it used to be there, i swear!
>
> now there is no dual or clone options. i have a tv set as a second
> monitor. i CAN swap the entire desktop to the tv still for some reason,
> but do nothing more than this.
>
> any ideas?

It would help if you mentioned which card you have. Not all of them can
manage dualview.

Dan