Marco

Ragazzi salve a tutti,
il mio dubbio è questo: quando si parla di front side bus, per abbinare la
giusta ram si deve tener presente il fsb reale o quello teorico? Mi spiego,
con fsb a 1066 abbiamo un fsb reale a 266 che poi diventano 1066 col qdr.
Per sciegliere la ram, che ragionamento si segue? Si tiene conto del fsb di
266 e quindi potrebbe andare bene una ddr2 a 533 o si tiene conto del fsb
totale e quindi abbinare una ddr2 1066 (pc2-8500)? Perchè una mobo che
supporta un fsb a 1066/800/533 offre la possibilità di ram ddr2 a
800/667/533?
Mi piacerebbe comprendere una volta per tutte questo argomento e ringrazio
tutti coloro che sono disposti a darmi una mano.
Ciao, Marco

Fishface

The Babel Fish translation to English from Italian:

Boys blank to all, my doubt is this: when he speaks himself about front side bus,
in order to bind together the just one ram must themselves be held present fsb
real or that theorist? I explain myself, with fsb to 1066 we have a fsb real to 266
that then becomes 1066 with the qdr. For sciegliere the ram, than reasoning it
is followed? Is kept account of the fsb of 266 and therefore could go well a ddr2
to 533 or is kept account of fsb the total and therefore to bind together one ddr2
1066 (pc2-8500)? Because a mobo that it supports a fsb to 1066/800/533 it
offers the possibility of ram ddr2 to 800/667/533? It would appeal to to me to
once comprise for all this argument and ringrazio all those who are disposed to
give to me one hand. Hello, Mark

I do not exactly understand everything you wrote. It seems that you are confused
about RAM speed numbers. Divide the rated FSB of the Intel CPU to know the
memory speed number required for default operation. A 1066 FSB Core 2 Duo
requires DDR2-533 memory. A 1333 FSB CPU requires DDR2-667 memory.
Some motherboards. I operate my overclocked FSB 1066 CPU at actual FSB
of 1760. My RAM is operating at DDR2-880 speed.

Phil Weldon

'Fishface' wrote, in part:
| I do not exactly understand everything you wrote. It seems that you are
confused
| about RAM speed numbers. Divide the rated FSB of the Intel CPU to know
the
| memory speed number required for default operation. A 1066 FSB Core 2 Duo
| requires DDR2-533 memory. A 1333 FSB CPU requires DDR2-667 memory.
| Some motherboards. I operate my overclocked FSB 1066 CPU at actual FSB
| of 1760. My RAM is operating at DDR2-880 speed.
_____

In part an attempt to answer the question from 'Marco':

Default DDR2 memory operation:
DDR2-400 default for FSB 800 MHz
DDR2-533 default for FSB 1066 MHz
DDR2-666 default for FSB 1333 MHz.

Descriptions for different chipsets and motherboards use different
terminnology.

Another way of analysis, using default CPU clock : Memory clock ratio (2:1)
is with the DDR2-XXXX rating half the FSB (FSB 800 MHz with DDR2-400, FSB
1066 MHz with DDR2-533, FSB 1333 MHz with DDR2-667.

But operating at memory clock speeds closer to CPU clock speeds (closer to
or higher than 1:1 is beneficial. I operate my Intel E4300 with a FrontSide
Bus speed of 1200 MHz and a memory bus speed of 1200 MHz (with Patriot
DDR2-1066 (PC8500) SLI ready memory. With a motherboard based on the nVidia
680i chipset (and perhaps other chipsets), DDR2 rated at almost any memory
speed can be used - the DDR2 memory can operate at a speed unlinked to the
FSB speed (though the memory bus operating speed selections are granular to
some extent); the ratio is not limited to a few like 2:1, 3:2, 5:4, and
1:1).

With my system these and more combinations operate correctly:
FSB Memory Bus
1450 MHz 1200 MHz
1400 MHz 1200 MHz
1300 MHz 1200 MHz
1200 MHz 1200 MHz
1200 MHz 1066 MHz
1200 MHz 800 MHz
1200 MHz 600 MHz
800 MHz 1200 MHz
800 MHz 1066 MHz
800 MHz 800 MHz
800 MHz 600 MHz.

All these pairings work, with system performance increasing with each
increase in Memory Bus speed (according to SiSoft Sandra 2007).

Phil Weldon

"Fishface" <(E-Mail Removed)?> wrote in message
| The Babel Fish translation to English from Italian:
|
| Boys blank to all, my doubt is this: when he speaks himself about front
side bus,
| in order to bind together the just one ram must themselves be held
present fsb
| real or that theorist? I explain myself, with fsb to 1066 we have a fsb
real to 266
| that then becomes 1066 with the qdr. For sciegliere the ram, than
reasoning it
| is followed? Is kept account of the fsb of 266 and therefore could go
well a ddr2
| to 533 or is kept account of fsb the total and therefore to bind together
one ddr2
| 1066 (pc2-8500)? Because a mobo that it supports a fsb to 1066/800/533 it
| offers the possibility of ram ddr2 to 800/667/533? It would appeal to to
me to
| once comprise for all this argument and ringrazio all those who are
disposed to
| give to me one hand. Hello, Mark
|
| I do not exactly understand everything you wrote. It seems that you are
confused
| about RAM speed numbers. Divide the rated FSB of the Intel CPU to know
the
| memory speed number required for default operation. A 1066 FSB Core 2 Duo
| requires DDR2-533 memory. A 1333 FSB CPU requires DDR2-667 memory.
| Some motherboards. I operate my overclocked FSB 1066 CPU at actual FSB
| of 1760. My RAM is operating at DDR2-880 speed.

Marco

news:cGOni.9220$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...