Duron morgan multiplier code !!!

miranGT

Hi i have duron 1000 mhz (morgan core) on epox 8kta3+, i wanna to push it on
133 mhz FSB, but first i must set default multiplier lower than 10x (8 or
7), so i need some pin guide of my dear duron (morgan) who goes hi as 1445
mhz!!! (of course it blocks after POST).
tHaNx !!!

Wes Newell

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:25:35 +0200, miranGT wrote:

> Hi i have duron 1000 mhz (morgan core) on epox 8kta3+, i wanna to push it on
> 133 mhz FSB, but first i must set default multiplier lower than 10x (8 or
> 7), so i need some pin guide of my dear duron (morgan) who goes hi as 1445
> mhz!!! (of course it blocks after POST).
> tHaNx !!!

Well, if it'll post at 1445Mhz (how did you get it this high?) , it should
run at 1333MHz. So why not just leave the mutiplier at 10 and raise the
FSB to 133MHz.

miranGT

Well i get it so hi only once after couple of restarting but it goes only to
POST and then it freezes.
I cant boot when i set jumper to 133 (this board have jumper for FSB).
"Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:25:35 +0200, miranGT wrote:
>
> > Hi i have duron 1000 mhz (morgan core) on epox 8kta3+, i wanna to push

it on
> > 133 mhz FSB, but first i must set default multiplier lower than 10x (8

or
> > 7), so i need some pin guide of my dear duron (morgan) who goes hi as

1445
> > mhz!!! (of course it blocks after POST).
> > tHaNx !!!

> Well, if it'll post at 1445Mhz (how did you get it this high?) , it should
> run at 1333MHz. So why not just leave the mutiplier at 10 and raise the
> FSB to 133MHz.
>
> --
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html

rstlne

> Well i get it so hi only once after couple of restarting but it goes only
> POST and then it freezes.
> I cant boot when i set jumper to 133 (this board have jumper for FSB).

If your unstable with the default allowable settings then I think modifying
it to get higher settings are just going to be useless

if your car can only go 280 kMh then should you really add a speed dial that
goes up to 800 kMh

Martin

"rstlne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fFC4b.3183$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well i get it so hi only once after couple of restarting but it goes

only
> > POST and then it freezes.
> > I cant boot when i set jumper to 133 (this board have jumper for FSB).

> If your unstable with the default allowable settings then I think

modifying
> it to get higher settings are just going to be useless
>

> if your car can only go 280 kMh then should you really add a speed dial

that
> goes up to 800 kMh

Can't you remember the thrill of the ride....................??

:-)

Hippy Paul

I found with my Morgan Duron 1.2 that I could not get the front bus speed
past 123Mhz, I had unlocked the multiplier and was trying different ones -
the most I managed to get it to run stable at was 1476Mhz, it would go to
nearly 1500Mhz but was not stable.

So from my experience I found the Morgan Duron can not do fsb 133.

"miranGT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bist0h$lq8$(E-Mail Removed)4u.hr...
> Hi i have duron 1000 mhz (morgan core) on epox 8kta3+, i wanna to push it

on
> 133 mhz FSB, but first i must set default multiplier lower than 10x (8 or
> 7), so i need some pin guide of my dear duron (morgan) who goes hi as 1445
> mhz!!! (of course it blocks after POST).
> tHaNx !!!

Matt

http://ocinside.de/html/workshop/soc...resistors.html
It might be possible to adapt the pin-mod methods

Have you tried (if the BIOS allows) reducing the multiplier and then
switching it to 133 ?

Still puzzled by how you got a 1445 figure, as that's higer than 10x
133.

You might like to add 0.1 to the voltage as well, if trying to
overclock.

Mind you, if you have a decent motherboard, and decent RAM, you're
probably wasting a lot of time and effort trying to squeeze much more
out of a Duron - sure, getting to 133 x 8 is a small overclock, and
better memory bandwidth, but if you've already found that it won't
give you 33% more (a straight swap to 133x10) then unless you can gain
that extra margin by pushing the voltage - a high risk, high heat
move, then your upside is severely limited.

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:41:15 +0200, "miranGT" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Well i get it so hi only once after couple of restarting but it goes only to
>POST and then it freezes.
>I cant boot when i set jumper to 133 (this board have jumper for FSB).
>"Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:25:35 +0200, miranGT wrote:
>>
>> > Hi i have duron 1000 mhz (morgan core) on epox 8kta3+, i wanna to push

>it on
>> > 133 mhz FSB, but first i must set default multiplier lower than 10x (8

>or
>> > 7), so i need some pin guide of my dear duron (morgan) who goes hi as

>1445
>> > mhz!!! (of course it blocks after POST).
>> > tHaNx !!!

>> Well, if it'll post at 1445Mhz (how did you get it this high?) , it should
>> run at 1333MHz. So why not just leave the mutiplier at 10 and raise the
>> FSB to 133MHz.
>>
>> --
>> Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html

--
I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - 2x2x24 CD-RW troubles

If you drop a cactus, don't try to catch it!

Joe

> So from my experience I found the Morgan Duron can not do fsb 133.

My morgan 1g AHCLA does 133fsb @ 1.85Volts. Mind you not entirely stable,
Prime95 will sometimes freeze but it games 1942 no problem. I run it @
10x124 and when i want it faster i up the fsb in windows.

miranGT

Sorry Matt it was 12,5*118=1475mhz, its strange to get 1475mhz, and not to
get 1330mhz(10*133), i will try couple of trick before i repaint pins on my
duron.
The trick whit lowering multiplier and then set jumper to 133 dose not work
becouse BIOS reads first default multiplier.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:27:21 +0200, miranGT wrote:

> Sorry Matt it was 12,5*118=1475mhz, its strange to get 1475mhz, and not to
> get 1330mhz(10*133), i will try couple of trick before i repaint pins on my
> duron.

This just tells me that you have a fsb/memory bus problem somewhere. Could
be MB, ram, or very unlikely, the cpu. I don't recall ever hearing of a
Duron that wouldn't do 133MHz on the fsb as long as it didn't exceed the
speed the cpu was capable of. It could also be a power problem. Or maybe a
setup problem.

> The trick whit lowering multiplier and then set jumper to 133 dose not work
> becouse BIOS reads first default multiplier.

You lost me here since there's only one default multiplier, as encoded on
the cpu. The first is the last, and only one.

At this point though why worry about it, just run it at 12.5x100-118,
depending on the speed you want.