DVDRW drive of Aspire 5633WLMi vibrates noisily

JayneBartram@googlemail.com

Hi, the drive is a slim type SSM-8515S, made by Liteon I believe. I've
searched the web and usenet for any information on this problem but
found nothing. The vibration occurs when disks are spinning and can be
greatly reduced by pushing the tray in further and holding it in
place. Currently I have to do this with a large piece of BlueTack.

The laptop is still under warranty but I use it for my work, so it
would be very hard to let go of currently.
I was searching for a diagram which might show an easily accessible
latch mechanism which can be adjusted to hold the tray more tightly
closed. It's a slim chance I suppose but it would save a lot of
inconvenience. Please can anyone suggest a solution?

Regards,
Jayne Bartram

doS

contact acer, this is a user replacable part they may send you.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...